Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New here and saying hi

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    missile
    • Total posts: 32
    Up
    ::

Hi,

I came across this site only last week as I seriously started thinking about a new business venture.
    I have realised how much I don’t know yet and how much I have to learn.
    Hopefully I can get some help from these forums and in the future give advise to others of my sucess or failures :)

Cheers,
    Mel

John Bogiatzis
    • Total posts: 38
    Up

Hi Mel,

Welcome to flyingsolo!

Everyday I learn something new but every so often I am reminded of still how much I don’t know either. Luckily you are in the right place :)

Have you started a new business or still in the ‘thinking’ stages?

John Bogiatzis
    Universal Seminars

missile
    Up

Hi John.

I am still at the idea stage and working out what is possible. I have arranged to see an IP lawyer to check I’m not going to be breaking any copyright laws. I guess I can make more decisions after that. I am looking at building a content based website. I have as many pages of questions as pages of ideas at this stage.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Mel,

It certainly sounds like you’re approaching your new venture in a very logical and thorough way – good on you!

Please feel free to post any of your questions on the boards – you’ll find we’re a very helpful bunch!

A warm welcome to you :)
    Jayne

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

Hi Mel,

Welcome to the forums!

Congratulation on doing the groundwork for the “big leap” – Your in good company here, we will help where we can.

If it makes you feel any better, you will be learning your entire business career -not just when you start up!

– Jake

missile
    Up

Thanks Jayne and Jake.

I have an appointment next week with the IP lawyer and we (my husband and I) are now trying to come up with ideas for a name – our favourite so far appears to be owned by someone else. Even if we are told we can’t do exactly what we want, there is a variation we can get away with that will just take more time and won’t be quite as cool.

I have also started my analysis documentation – I have spent 13 years helping companies do their analysis and usability studies for their websites, so this part I am ok with :)

I have started taking notes from the articles on this forum about some of the things we then need to do to establish a business.

It is all very exciting although I suspect a couple of family members think I am a little crazy.

Birgit
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Welcome (coming from someone who just signed up too)!

We had similar thoughts from friends & family when we told them about running our own business. But we stuck with it and here we are still in business and working hard to improve/expand.

Life is what you make of it, so believe in yourself and go for it. After all, you only live once, right?

Birgit

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Mel, hi Birgit,

Nice to meet you Birgit, and welcome to the gang.

Don’t let the friends and family get you down – it’s just that they don’t have the same fire in their bellies that you do. They wouldn’t be brave enough to take the leap, and they’re concerned and fearful for you.

We’ll have an article on this very topic coming out in a couple of weeks, so keep your eye out for it on the home page!

All the best
    Jayne

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.