Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New here and to small business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Matt523
    • Total posts: 15
    Up
    ::

Hey everyone my name is Matt and it’s great to finally be a member never really needed to until now Long time listener of a certain podcast tho.
    I’ve just started my own business in the Linemarking industry.(http://Www.alignlinemarking.com.au painting carparks etc) which I’ve been working in for 15yrs so I think I’ve earned the right to finally have a crack. The hardest part is the marketing, i wanna bring a fresh spin on the industry and really use this opportunity to reach customers in ways not really being used. I know my target audience is pretty much everyone that has a carpark or industrial areas……any ideas
    Well again awesome to be part of this site Look forward to speaking with some or all.
    Matt

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hey neighbor!

Welcome to Flying Solo and great to see you venturing into your own biz.

The best source of leads are probably going to be the same source your old employers got their from.

Outside of that, I suggest getting some face time with shopping centre management firms.

The next on my list might be schools.

If you have any existing contacts, get on the phone with them too.

Let us know how you go.

Cheers

Matt523
    Up

I see your a fellow gold coaster, I have to be cautious due to the fact I still work full time in the industry. IM not in a position to stop work and throw all my efforts into this but Im working partime so my idea is to build this business organically to a point I can go full time

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

That’s a pretty cool essential niche business Matt – another one I never really thought about.

Hope it goes well and be sure to spend lots of time soaking up tonnes of info and asking the right questions here to help getting things rolling…

Matt523
    Up
    arrowwise, post: 249703, member: 54026 wrote:
    That’s a pretty cool essential niche business Matt – another one I never really thought about.

Hope it goes well and be sure to spend lots of time soaking up tonnes of info and asking the right questions here to help getting things rolling…
    Hi Arrowwise, your right it is a essential niche……but it’s a industry which is hard to build customer lists, blogs etc because lets be honest it’s not the most riveting topic haha I’ve been thinking hard about how I could break these barriers due to the fact no one else is doing it, America is a different story this industry is so big they have franchises.

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

Many savvy markers can take what you may think to be a less riveting business and make it more exciting and marketable. This trick it to find the right helpers, but well worth it I believe for you.

Matt523
    Up

This is what I wanna do, find the things people will respond to………at this stage because I’m only doing it partime I’m using that to my advantage in being able to offer very competitive rates but still with high quality work due to not having the overheads of the bigger companies

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    Matt523, post: 249694, member: 99499 wrote:
    which I’ve been working in for 15yrs so I think I’ve earned the right to finally have a crack.

Matt, don’t assume that just because you have been in a industry for 15 years you can run a successful business in that industry. There is a huge difference between working in an industry and running a business in that or any other industry.

not being a wet blanket, just making a suggestion that building a business, is 100 times more effort then doing the actual work.

Matt523
    Up
    bb1, post: 249721, member: 53375 wrote:
    Matt, don’t assume that just because you have been in a industry for 15 years you can run a successful business in that industry. There is a huge difference between working in an industry and running a business in that or any other industry.

not being a wet blanket, just making a suggestion that building a business, is 100 times more effort then doing the actual work.
    Why would I assume it’s going to be easy……I’m not silly this isn’t something I woke up and decided to do, ive spent 15 yrs watching a industry where I’ve seen the do’s and dont’s. I hear what your saying but I think you may have misunderstood what I meant by earning the right to have a crack.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.