Home – New Forums Starting your journey New home based business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Brodo
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi, was hoping to maybe get some ideas of working from home. Im a single mother and a social worker, but would love to cut back my hours at work and invest around $5-$10,000 so I can work part-time from home and part-time in my job and be there more for my son who is 4. Im new to the idea of running my own business, so have a lot of work to do to figure out which way to go and before I invest any $. Thanks!

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Hi {insert name here}

Welcome aboard, hope you get some great feedback.

Maybe you might like to share with us some passions or ideas? Just at the moment it is a pretty open ended question and you could get suggestions ranging from opening up a B & B at home through to starting your own publishing house :)

Do you have a passion? an interest? a hobby or even an area or product that you ideally want to work with or within?

Look forward to coming back to this post..

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Brodo
    Up

Thanks for your reply Jason, much appreciated! My hobby is photography and I love collecting photo props. I don’t really have many other skills other than my social work degree. Still very broad i know and I think I have much to learn and work out! :-)
    Cheers
    Kel

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Kel,

Welcome aboard the forums! Are there any social work related services you could offer from home? I bet there’s a long list of skills you have learned in your job. Or is it really a change in occupation you’re looking for?

Dave

Brodo
    Up

Thanks Dave, like online counselling maybe? I enjoy my work, just wish I could be more flexible with my working hours for my son, so that’s definately given me something to consider! Thank you!

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi and welcome,

Just a thought – Your photography props, would you consider a hire business?

Gizmo
    • Total posts: 731
    Up

Hello,

Might sound like a silly question but had to ask it:
    Would your current employer let your work from home?

Brodo
    Up

Thank you Gizmo and Miss Sassy. I cant work from home in my current position unfortunately, but it has got me thinking about online counselling (skype etc). And the idea of hiring photography props is excellent, it definately a passion of mine, hunting for them, doing them up; so will also be something to look into. Thanks so much for replying, much appreciated!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.