• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Virtual Victoria
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hello All,

Have worked in Victoria`s Tourist Industry for 20 + years and have come up with a new idea for Venues and attractions to advertise. With so much promotion of the internet and expansion of Broadband throughout Australia, I think video advertising is the way of the future. I have developed a Tourist Video platform for Victoria called Virtual Victoria Online. Would like to network with anyone in similar areas or share ideas.

Regards
    Don

SheInspires
    • Total posts: 247
    Up

Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy it. I’ve found it a great place to share ideas and information.

Would you have any tips or ideas about making videos work for other businesses?

All the best!

Virtual Victoria
    Up
    SheInspires, post: 18933 wrote:
    Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy it. I’ve found it a great place to share ideas and information.

Would you have any tips or ideas about making videos work for other businesses?

All the best!

Hello,

Personally think this is how all businesses will soon advertise as Broadband becomes quicker. The actual production of a commercial is simple as most computers now have software to produce, all you need is a camera. The idea is to keep the message/commercial short (So it plays easily) and your web person should be able to attach.

Regards

SheInspires
    • Total posts: 247
    Up

Thanks for that.

What do you mean with “your web person should be able to attach”? (I’ve come up with a few possible meanings, so I thought I should seek to understand.)

Enjoy!

The Camera Woman
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Hi Don,
    I have a business offering “Not Just Web Design”…meaning that we have a couple of add-ons to make a web site more attractive. One of the services we offer are 3-4minute online videos, professionally shot, scripted and edited.
    I work as a freelance videographer myself.

I like your idea of Virtual Victoria Online. I think that the only way to go is a high quality and professional approach. Have you seen one of the Australian Geographic DVDs? It’s possible to produce similar quality videos but of course, it’s not cheap so as with everything, it all comes down to money and how much you’d be willing to invest…

Michaela

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

How about soloists who do not have a huge budget to spend towards creating video “ads” that they can then put up on YouTube and their site ?

Or would be best of the business to have the money instead of putting just random videos online (even if they are amateur-ish) ?

The Camera Woman
    Up
    vstacy, post: 19182 wrote:
    How about soloists who do not have a huge budget to spend towards creating video “ads” that they can then put up on YouTube and their site ?

Or would be best of the business to have the money instead of putting just random videos online (even if they are amateur-ish) ?

Hi Vanessa.
    You do not need a “huge budget” to have a good quality online video. My price starts at $2,400. This includes pre-shoot consultation, 5-hour shoot at one location, script writing, directing and creative editing.

You can also promote your business on YouTube if you wish but I doubt that it’d find it’s audience. YouTube contains millions over millions of videos, usually irrelevant to the business. Therefore, I think that investing a bit of money, time and effort is definitely the way to go…

Michaela

Virtual Victoria
    Up
    michaela, post: 19160 wrote:
    Hi Don,
    I have a business offering “Not Just Web Design”…meaning that we have a couple of add-ons to make a web site more attractive. One of the services we offer are 3-4minute online videos, professionally shot, scripted and edited.
    I work as a freelance videographer myself.

I like your idea of Virtual Victoria Online. I think that the only way to go is a high quality and professional approach. Have you seen one of the Australian Geographic DVDs? It’s possible to produce similar quality videos but of course, it’s not cheap so as with everything, it all comes down to money and how much you’d be willing to invest…

Michaela

Hi Michaela,

More than interested to chat with you as many venues do not have a DVD/Video. Are you based in Melbourne and do you have your own equipment EG: Camera, Editing etc

Regards
    Don

The Camera Woman
    Up
    Virtual Victoria, post: 19205 wrote:
    Hi Michaela,

More than interested to chat with you as many venues do not have a DVD/Video. Are you based in Melbourne and do you have your own equipment EG: Camera, Editing etc

Regards
    Don

Hi Victoria,
    I’m based in Sydney but can travel to Melbourne if job requires.
    Yes, I have my own equipment.
    Look forward to hearing from you.

Michaela

Virtual Victoria
    Up
    SheInspires, post: 19062 wrote:
    Thanks for that.

What do you mean with “your web person should be able to attach”? (I’ve come up with a few possible meanings, so I thought I should seek to understand.)

Enjoy!

Hi Again,

Your website designer/builder should be able to convert your advert onto Flash software so you can use on your Website. Also you have to make sure you have the bandwidth to do it.

Regards
    Don

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.