Home – New Forums Tell me straight… New Marketing Campaign

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up
    ::

Ok, so this will be sent out to accompany my marketing push in February.

Basically, mt protocol is – Send flyer, Make Cold Call, Send Email…

This flyer is targeted towards SME’s, mainly accountancy firms, lawyers, book keeps etc. So “professionals” I think they call them. But available to anyone.

Flyer can be found here. (low res PDF) May take a minute or so to download.

So heres my flyer, please let me know what you think of …

1) Design – Is it appealing to the selected market?
    2) Catchy – Does it make you want to find out more?
    3) Focus – What catches your eye first up?

And any other critiques / compliments you would like to add I’d love to hear them!

Thanks so much =)

bradzo
    • Total posts: 335
    Up

Hi Jake

Looks good, but I’m not a printer and don’t understand 420gsm premium artboard… etc

Steve Jobs, when introducing the iPod (or something) didn’t say 10GB of storage – he said “5000 songs”

Can you do the same? Instead of 420gsm, what does that equate to in the real world – is the thickness 5 sheets of A4 stacked one on top of the other? I don’t know.

But the layout and colours are great – continuing your brand.

Jake@EmroyPrint
    Up

Good feedback Brad. I appreciate it.

Hmm, I understand what your saying … I’m not sure what I could rephrase it to … Does the “premium artboard” make it clear it’s better than your average business card?

bradzo
    Up

Its the same thing in my view – I don’t know the difference between “normal” artboard and “premium” artboard.

What is artboard? :)

I just know that I want my business cards to be of a good quality, and I know that a sheet of A4 is what, 80gsm?

But most people wouldn’t know that, so also wouldn’t know that 420gsm is like 5 times “thicker?” than an 80gsm A4 sheet of paper.

What about – “Almost as thick as your credit card?” – gives a much better idea of just how “robust” they are.

Just a thought.
    :)

FletcherTax
    • Total posts: 347
    Up

Jake

I think the flyer looks great! I myself will take up your letterheads offer in a week or two.

Don’t know about other fellow accountants – but we very seldom send out flyers – very low response rate. May I suggest putting another product in the mix?

Or a combo deal? So many printers do combo deals where 2 products are useful and the 3rd is useless. Maybe a letterhead and with comps slip package?

Janna

bradzo
    Up

Ah you see!

Janna knows what 420gsm means!

Jake – take my ideas with a bunch of salt, but I still stand by the idea of making things equate to things that people can readily identify I guess.

Jake@EmroyPrint
    Up

Wow, I really appreciate the prompt and useful feedback guys

bradzo, post: 24409 wrote:
    What about – “Almost as thick as your credit card?”
    Just a thought.

Great idea! I love it! =) I try to steer clear of as much jargon as I can, but sometimes It’s hard for me to tell whats jargon and whats not … Thanks for clearing it up.

FletcherTax, post: 24410 wrote:
    Jake

I think the flyer looks great! I myself will take up your letterheads offer in a week or two.

Don’t know about other fellow accountants – but we very seldom send out flyers – very low response rate. May I suggest putting another product in the mix?

Or a combo deal? So many printers do combo deals where 2 products are useful and the 3rd is useless. Maybe a letterhead and with comps slip package?

Janna

Janna,

Fantastic to hear!

That is a good point actually now you mention it, I sell many more with compliment slips to that market than I do flyers. I will update it to have with compliments instead of flyers.

I’ve steered clear of packages for the exact reason you mentioned, however, a letterhead / with compliments package is a good idea … They do go hand in hand.

(Looking forward to printing your letterheads =)

FletcherTax
    • Total posts: 347
    Up

In my defense, I have no idea what the thicknesses are. I went straight for the price, the image and its title (Business Cards/Letterhead/Flyers)

I just assumed – the usual letterheads and business cards. Flyers I’ve been caught out with before – no ‘average/usual’ in my eyes for flyers.

I think I’ll discuss with Jake further when my next print run is due.

Jake@EmroyPrint
    Up

Well, for the record …

Standard business cards are printed on 300gsm (grams per square metre, 3.75 standard sheets of paper, about half the thickness of a credit card etc lol :P) … I normally reccomend 420gsm as it’s only a tad more expensive and when you hold a 420gsm card in your hand, it really has a big “wow” effect.

Well, also with the 10% off for next month, they are cheaper than 300gsm anyway!

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

I love the “X as thick as your credit card” idea. Really helps to relate to it!

Jay-T
    • Total posts: 119
    Up

Basically what everyone’s saying is speak in benefits…

Even though we’re pitching to “professionals” we have
    to speak to them in a way that removes the thinking
    element out of the equation.

If you confused about jargon, just ask yourself “could I
    show this to a 10 year old and have them get what I’m
    talking about?”

When someones reading your material you don’t want them
    confused and you don’t want them to think “so what?”

Every time this happens you seriously wound your flyers ability to sell

also personalize, you’re hitting different groups so tailor it to those
    groups

Hope this helps

W. ambrose

Jake@EmroyPrint
    Up

Willa,

Thanks for the post!

You make a good point, it may be an idea to turn the flyer around slightly and focus more toward the benefits of the card.

The only reason I like to state the pedantics (Such as card weight) Is I see quite a few advertisements from other printers offering “high quality business cards” when in reality, they are digitally printed, on a 250gsm card (Budget), and run through a digital printer.

This results in a flimsy, easily fading low quality business card.

Problem is … As mentioned before, printing terms are lost on most people outside the industry (and I can completely understand why! I think we have an obscene amount of acronyms (DPI, GSM, PP, FSC, SS, DS, BW etc etc)

I really think I need to send an accompanying book on what to look out for in the printing industry! Hmmm, now theres an idea!

Jake@EmroyPrint
    Up

Nevenka,

Thanks for your post!

I just shot you through an email.

Jay-T
    • Total posts: 119
    Up

Good stuff emroy,

remember you product is basically made up of 2 elements:

1. physical (what it is) paper, card, ink etc
    2. functional (what it does/means) benefits

People don’t buy the physical product they’re not interested
    in buying paper or card.

They’re buying the fact that when they hand that 420gsm
    card over to a possible high end client that’s important
    to them that, that client is instantly impressed.

So what your customer is buying then is “instant credibility and impression”
    that the 420gsm card provides, not a “business card”

If there’s one skill we could all get better at that would help us create
    lots of clients and money would be to always speak to our customers
    desires via benefits

Watch an infomercial and watch and listen to how many benefits they
    stack on to one feature it’s insane, the more benefits we load them
    up with the less the price concern

Just remember that the benefits have to make sense to that person situation

Cheers,

Will

Hugh Thyer
    • Total posts: 159
    Up

OK, sorry to sound negative but its better to hear it here before you spend money and send it out.

For a start your offer is really weak. 10% off is embarrassingly low. It ain’t going to move people to action. This flier should be a lead generation device. That means 50% off. It means delivery in under 24 hours or its free. It means you’ll do 1,000 business cards for nothing for any order over $100.

Its job is to get people to try out your business. Because someone who’s given you money and is happy with you is worth their weight in gold. Whatever small loss you might make here will come back to you many times over if you treat them right. That’s how you build a business like yours.

And holding your offer open for 3 months is a mistake. It’s got to be a short timeframe to get people to take action. Otherwise there’s no urgency.

What other benefits do people get using you? Put them on the flier, and fill the back up with testimonials.

Hugh

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.