• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    gareths
    • Total posts: 31
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone.

My name is Gareth and I run a small business called Stafford Media Solutions.

We are based in Perth and provide voice overs, telephone messages, narration, copywriting, editing and a number of key media services to corporates, communities and non profits.

I run the business all by myself and handle every part of a job from start to finish. I want to be in complete control of all aspects of my business, but at the same time, know that I can’t ignore the advice of others.

Just joined these forums as I have no real business experience and am keen to get feedback, ideas and network with other people.

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Gareth,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for introducing yourself!

Best of luck with your venture and please feel free to start asking questions/advice.

Dave
    P.S. Your website link doesn’t seem to be working on my end, so might be worth checking out. :)

gareths
    Up

Thanks Dave.

There appears to be some problem with my website at the moment, which is not good.

I will get that sorted.

Cheers for the response, and all the best.

gareths
    Up

My website has now been fixed and the link should be working again. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Greg Mawer
    • Total posts: 46
    Up

Hi Gareth,

Welcome to Flying Solo – great to have another Perth based member on-board!

If you have any tax/money questions or need assistance with actively growing your business I am happy to assist.

Regards,

Greg Mawer
    • Total posts: 46
    Up

Hi Gareth,

I had a quick look at your website and your price list.

1% penalty per day for overdue accounts is huge!!! 365% a year! Have you tried to collect on this yet?

I also suggest that you make a statement about GST (e.g. All prices include GST, All prices exclude GST, or Stafford Media Solutions is not GST registered).

As (I assume) your main target market is Business to Business trade, your GST registered clients will be able to claim back the credits. Therefore the GST status of the fee will impact their pricing decision by 10%.

Cheers.

gareths
    Up

Thanks for the feedback Greg.

I hadn’t considered the impact of a 1% penalty over the course of the year. The one client I have had so far did pay late but I didn’t enforce the penalty because they are connected to the family business.

I think I will scrap that idea as soon as possible. I have no business experience and I suspect I may have some unorthodox ways of doing things. I have an appointment with the Small Business Development Corporation tomorrow who will hopefully be able to provide more of an insight into what I should do.

As for GST, I am currently not registered for it and probably won’t be in the future but I should make a point of it on the website.

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Hi Gareth, welcome aboard. Feel free to ask any question you like and I am sure someone will respond. Looking forward to seeing you around.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.