Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New member – bookkeeper

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    NM Books
    • Total posts: 42
    Up
    ::

Hi. I’ve been a member for a little while and realised that I haven’t introduced myself which is rather rude. So here goes…

Hi everyone. My name’s Natasha and I have a bookkeeping business called Express Mobile Bookkeeping Lilydale. I’ve been in finance my whole career and through a set of circumstances decided to go out on my own. What a roller coaster ride it’s been, and still is!!
    As I’m actually a fully qualified accountant, I’m looking at expanding what I offer to include more financial services than ‘just bookkeeping’. Currently, I’m trying to find out how I go about this and what I need to put in place to get this happening.

I love how people are willing to share their knowledge in this forum and look forward to sharing as well.

RymSop
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Hi Natasha,

Welcome to the community! Looking forward to learn from you also. Have you come up already with basic info on how to make it happen. Would love to hear your thoughts and probably be able to share something with you.

NM Books
    Up

Hi RymSop
    Thanks for the welcome.
    I have a few ideas about how I’ll go about expanding my services and would love to have a chat. PM your contact details and we can take it from there.

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi Natasha and welcome

Nice to have another bookkeeper here – I am sure that many small businesses can use your expertise and knowledge.

Hope you enjoy the forums.

Gizmo
    • Total posts: 731
    Up

Hello Natasha,

Welcome aboard.

Wow an accountant who is also a book keeper, well done :)

Do you only offer both services (accounting and book keeping)?

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Natasha,

Welcome to the forum. Could you be more specific in what you mean by offering financial services? do you mean loans or financial advice?
    Im not sure what its called now but a few years ago it was called PS146 compliance. (i believe now its RG146) It was a level of accreditation needed to become an authorised representative of a larger institution and offer their products.

Best of luck,

Steve

NM Books
    Up

Hi Steve
    At the moment although I’m qualified as an accountant, I’m only offering bookkeeping services. I would like to branch out and offer tax services, statutory report, business analysis, auditing etc. I’m also currently studying the RG146 and will finish it soon, so I would like to offer financial planning as well.
    In the near future, I’m hoping to find a mentor that will be available for technical issues as well as general public practice issues (if there are people out there willing to do this).
    Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.