Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New member from Adelaide, launching new product.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    wimp
    • Total posts: 42
    Up
    ::

Hi My name is Dave Johnson.
    I am new to this, and learning as I go.
    I have worked in the Transport industry for over 20 years,
    In all sorts of roles, for different companies.

I have designed, trademarked and created a brand new product,
    That I believe will help e-commerce businesses, big and small.

My product will enable them to have more control of their delivery processes, reduce their costs, and improve their service.

My website is still a work in progress,
    I have just started working with Jenny from spring into sales,
    To get my product out there.
    My site is http://www.whereismyparcel.com

We are offering e-commerce companies the opportunity of a no obligation free trial, simply by registering their details on the site.

I am excited about the launch of the product, and looking forward to being able to help e-commerce companies achieve better service from their transport providers.

Thanks for your time.
    Dave.

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Welcome Dave and congratulations on your new product.

I am sure that you will receive plenty of support here on Flying Solo.

wimp
    Up

Thanks very much :)

Lindz
    • Total posts: 254
    Up

Hello Dave,

Good to see you here. I like the look of your product and your website. Hope it goes well for you.

All best,

Lindsay

wimp
    Up

Hi Lindsay

Thanks for the feedback.

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hey Dave,

Welcome aboard the forums and great to see you getting amongst it!

Dave

wimp
    Up

Thanks for the welcome Dave,

As I mentioned, I am still learning the art of marketing.
    I have just updated my site, with new content and blog posts.

If any of your members have any questions,
    on their shipping or delivery issues,
    I would welcome the chance to help them out.

All the best, Dave Johnson.

redleaftea
    • Total posts: 53
    Up

Interesting idea for anyone shipping low value items but what happens if it’s unsafe or not possible to leave? i.e. high traffic apartment corridors, security entrances, footpath doorstep, etc

wimp
    Up

Hi There

Thanks for the feedback.

I am glad that you raised a valid point.

The parcel stamp is all about choice and convenience.

As you mentioned, due to some peoples living arrangements, it is not always feasible to leave a parcel by their front door.
    Hence their options are limited to either, an alternative delivery address,
    Or having to receive a card, and then arrange to go and collect the item.

There are however, hundreds of thousands of consumers, that do have the opportunity for their parcels to be left at their front door, in both metro and regional areas, and are more than happy to choose that option.
    Because it is the easiest and most convenient.

I recently read a survey that showed over 90% of online shoppers are looking for a better delivery option.

My years spent taking calls for a national transport company, highlighted the fact that over 60% of consumers who got left a “card ” , choose the option of leaving the card out, so the driver can bring the item back and leave it, if they are not, or can’t wait at home, for it to arrive.

The onus is always on the delivery company to leave the items, in a safe dry place, my twenty odd years experience in the transport industry, has proven to me, that by the front door is the best place.
    The reality is that most parcels that go missing are “lost in transit”.
    Not from people’s front doors.

The parcel stamp will enable e-commerce store owners, the opportunity to offer their customers a choice of guaranteed first time delivery.
    To their door.

Once again, thanks for your feedback.
    Please feel free to contact me anytime if you have any more questions.
    I will always try to help.

Cheers.
    Dave Johnson.

PS. Put it to the test. take advantage of our free trial offer now.

Daniel Mitchell
    • Total posts: 56
    Up

Hi Dave

Speaking as a customer and not a seller. Yes, I absolutely hate missed delivery cards and needing to go and collect them or arrange redelivery. Especially the ones where I was home all day and they didn’t even try and buzz the apartment. I do get some retailers offering me that option already (leave at door if not home) but it is rare. I’ve also had some parcels left at the door without me even choosing that as an option. Is it that some couriers have this option already? Will Australia Post do this already if it’s indicated somehow by the seller? Does your product work with any courier company and who is guaranteeing the delivery – you or the courier company? Why don’t couriers have this option already without a 3rd party?

Sorry for the quiz, just interested to know how it works.

All the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wimp
    Up

Hi Daniel

Thanks for the feedback,
    In answer to your questions.

It is frustrating and time consuming when they just leave a card and you have to go and collect your goods, especially as you said, when you were home,
    (unfortunately lazy drivers, or “card droppers” – The industry term. are out there, and are letting the sender and receiver down too often).

It is confusing when some times they leave the goods, other times they don’t, This is usually caused by the breakdown in communication, between companies and their drivers(again a regular occurrence).

You can set up an Authority to leave with the carriers, however, you are not always sure which carrier it will be, so you need to do one for each carrier as required, (time consuming, with no guarantee)
    Some sellers do give the option of an Authority to leave, again the driver is not always made aware of this, and are sometimes just going from memory.

The parcel stamp sticker is not aligned to any one company, The trademarked sticker is industry worded and highly visible, The e-retailer can now give their customers the choice, of guaranteed first time delivery to their door.
    When e-retailers apply the sticker before despatching the parcel, they have given the carrier the ATL they require to leave the goods. Hence they have no excuse for not delivering first time, and the sender does not get hit with a redelivery charge.

Within the industry, there is no standard process, they all use their own methods, this is why the consumer ends up confused and frustrated.

The parcel stamp sticker was designed to end the confusion,by giving the consumer the choice – not the carrier, and allowing the senders to have more control of their delivery processes, which in turn will save them money.

Hope all of the above clarifies the points you made.

Please feel free to contact me anytime.
    I am always happy to try and help.

Dave Johnson.

GlensWebDesign
    • Total posts: 45
    Up

Hi Dave

Marvellous business idea! Being a freelance web designer I am sure there are going to be people who may be interested in this so I will drop a word in where I can.

Best of luck with your business venture! :)

wimp
    Up

Hi Glen

Thanks for your kind words.

Much appreciated.

All the best.

Dave.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.