Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New member from Perth – Ecommerce store babies and children

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lildukesndivas
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,

I have been putting together my new adventure over the last few months, I want to start and online store selling via social media and a shopify store. I have done a lot of research and found that majority of the goods are sold from China. I would love to find original hand made pieces made from Australia but finding a lot of people dont want to sell through a business. Finding wholesalers is also difficult in upmarket products ie Guess, Ralph Lauren ect for kids.

Im hoping to open in mid July and have bought a few things so far from Dhgate. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. I worked in retail for 5 years a long time ago so I dont know the ins and outs, really starting from scratch.

I stumbled across this site and absolutely love it!!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi again Lildukesndivas, and thanks for your feedback on Flying Solo :)

This post contains links to a number of threads that may be useful reading for you: http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/starting-business/14182-starting-business-please-read-before-posting.html

All the best,
    Jayne

Qinnie(OzFairTrade)
    • Total posts: 47
    Up

Hi are you looking for wholesalers? I recently joined a new online market place connecting Australian brands and retail stores, it’s called Stock My Store. I have signed up as a brand and I sell fair trade products including those for kids. If you are interested in getting unique handmade items from Australia then I would recommend having a look at this website. I think membership for retailers is about $20 a year.

Qinnie

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    Qinnie(OzFairTrade), post: 192281 wrote:
    Hi are you looking for wholesalers? I recently joined a new online market place connecting Australian brands and retail stores, it’s called Stock My Store. I have signed up as a brand and I sell fair trade products including those for kids. If you are interested in getting unique handmade items from Australia then I would recommend having a look at this website. I think membership for retailers is about $20 a year.

Qinnie

Hi Qinnie,

Is it worth to sign up as a brand for $1,000??

Keith

Elizabeth-FE
    • Total posts: 127
    Up
    Lildukesndivas, post: 192169 wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

I have been putting together my new adventure over the last few months, I want to start and online store selling via social media and a shopify store. I have done a lot of research and found that majority of the goods are sold from China. I would love to find original hand made pieces made from Australia but finding a lot of people dont want to sell through a business. Finding wholesalers is also difficult in upmarket products ie Guess, Ralph Lauren ect for kids.

Im hoping to open in mid July and have bought a few things so far from Dhgate. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. I worked in retail for 5 years a long time ago so I dont know the ins and outs, really starting from scratch.

I stumbled across this site and absolutely love it!!
    Hi!
    Hope your business is going well. Feel Free to get in touch if you need any help.
    Kind Regards
    Elizabeth

Lildukesndivas
    Up

Thanks Elizabeth. I have the website up and running now and just working out how to get feed through there. The facebook page is going well for its first month. I think Im just impatient.

Elizabeth-FE
    • Total posts: 127
    Up
    Lildukesndivas, post: 197921 wrote:
    Thanks Elizabeth. I have the website up and running now and just working out how to get feed through there. The facebook page is going well for its first month. I think Im just impatient.

Hi!
    What is your website and FB page??
    Will take a look.

Kind Regards
    Elizabeth

Lildukesndivas
    Up

Im currently using the following:.

http://www.lildukesndivas.com

http://www.facebook.com/lildukesndivas

The stock is building up slowly as I have started with a very limited budget. Im paying for advertising on Facebook. approx. $30.00 a week which is driving people over to me and advertising my products in facebook groups. I just don’t know how to get the views to my website from google.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.