Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New member – hi all!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    happyez
    • Total posts: 49
    Up
    ::

Reckon I’ll introduce myself.

I’m a small business (don’t know when that will change – that way for a while anyway) and something like Flying Solo is fantastic – lots of combined knowledge, shared around. Love it!

My business is a commercial sponsorship data analysis service for events and organisations. I crunch sponsorship on the field data and provide reports about organisations, industries and, for events, a report about the twenty most potential sponsors matched to the paramaters set by the event of who they want.

Basically, an event tells us which type of sponsors they want, where they need to be, what they need to do etc and we match those sponsors that fit that bill.

It is very exciting to start this business, and also on the other end, it is a huge challenge, as I have to learn to everything to do with a business. This means I have had to face doing things I would never volunteer to do. In a way, although this is my choice to start it, having a family to support, investing so much capital, and spending years doing it, I really am made to get through it. A lot of personal growth with this business. I’m pretty proud to say I haven’t shirked away yet. It bites me in the end!

Hope you are all well, and hope to help out with someone elses question soon!

Thanks for reading!
    Eric

Jodie McLeod
    • Total posts: 345
    Up

Hi Eric,

Welcome to the forums!

Love your passion and enthusiasm – so long as you’ve got that, the rest will come much easier :)

Sounds like you’ve got a really niche business, and as you’ll read on Flying Solo – that can only be a good thing!

If you like, you can include a link to your business in your signature. Just click “control panel” in the grey board above to edit it.

See you round!

Jodie

Mary Gardam
    • Total posts: 192
    Up

Hi Eric,

Your business sounds very interesting from what you’ve said.

Glad you’ve joined us here.

Mary

happyez
    • Total posts: 49
    Up

I get to see a lot of conferences! (pamphlets only). I get to go to a lot of events! (go to their websites). I get to hang out with people running NFPs! (in their facebook page). Yes, its a whirlwind life it is, and there’s no stopping it! (so long as I pay my internet bills… if I don’t – bawbawbawbawwwwww)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.