Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New Member Intro

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Caticlan
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    ::

I wish to introduce myself to the Flying Solo community.

I run a small accounting practice in Glen Waverley, Victoria. We provide accounting and tax services to small business owners and their families.

Like most of us in business we have seen the process improvements available from the latest cloud technology. We recently began providing our services via the cloud to pass on the benefits to our clients. They now get real time information and the opportunity to switch to our fixed price fees.

I look forward to hearing from others in business and hope to contribute where I can.

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi Wayne and welcome

You will find plenty of opportunity to share your knowledge here and get involved in the forums.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Wayne,

Welcome to Flying Solo, and thanks for introducing yourself.

I hope you enjoy being part of the community here, and as Kelly said, suspect that you’ll find plenty of opportunities to contribute.

Thanks for joining us :)
    Jayne

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Wayne,

Welcome to the forum, could you describe what what you mean by cloud based accounting services?

Steve

Caticlan
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Steve,

Thanks for your question.

Cloud based accounting services refers to the fact that the accounting systems and data files are located on servers external to the small business premises. The servers are generally located at premises supplied by the software providers such as Xero or MYOB. The systems can then accessed by users from any location.

Further benefits are gained as feeder systems (such as bank files and point of sales systems) automatically update their data to the accounting system. This provides business owners with real time information, that can be accessed 24/7 on any device, to make informed decisions about their business.

Our job is to ensure the systems continue to integrate and the data is being allocated correctly. We also help business owners interpret the results and make the decisions required.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.