Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New Member Intro

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    organisemyspace
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone!

My name is Samantha and I thought I should finally introduce myself – I have been a long time “guest” user of this site and actually joined a few weeks back but have been busy reading the current “Flying Solo” book. Definately a great read!!

I have gone through numerous thought processes over the last six months or so to sort out what I would actually like to do as a business. It may sound odd to not have a definite business idea. Since having my children, it has always been a dream of mine to work for myself – I have been contracting (at home) as an Internet Search Evaluator for an American company for the last two and a half years and I think this has spoilt me! Like many of you, I love the flexibility of working from home – I am a Mum of two young children and have a husband, other family commitments and another casual job as an Administration Assistant!

I have a strong Admin and Accounting background and while I do enjoy the number work, I’m not sure I can see myself doing this for the rest of my life.

I have a talent for organising – breaking a large, seemingly insurmountable task down into more manageable chunks and getting it done (we are in the process of decluttering a family members home of 40 years, as she has been moved to an aged care facility).

I would love to help people sort through and implement processes to declutter their lives. I know how great it feels when “everything is in its place” – it absolutely frees your mind and soul!

Thank you for reading – now, to work out my little niche….?? :-)

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Samantha,

Welcome to the forum.

Steve

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

Hi!

How exciting!

Welcome and all the best for your startup ;)

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Nice! Good that you are not anymore a “silent” member of the of the forum. It’s nice to hear your take on the discussions as well than just lurking with the thread. All the best! :)

Jean.

organisemyspace
    Up
    jeanmaddocks, post: 129405 wrote:
    Nice! Good that you are not anymore a “silent” member of the of the forum. It’s nice to hear your take on the discussions as well than just lurking with the thread. All the best! :)

Jean.

Thanks Jean! I’m sure I’m not the only “silent” member!!!

It’s a big step to introduce yourself and come out of the dark corner ;-)

Hopefully I’ll be a valuable contributor to this forum and make some good friends along the way.

All the best to you as well… :-)

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    Luv2BOrganised, post: 129411 wrote:
    Thanks Jean! I’m sure I’m not the only “silent” member!!!

It’s a big step to introduce yourself and come out of the dark corner ;-)

Hi Samantha, and a warm welcome from all of us here at FSHQ too :)

You’re certainly not the only person who has spent time hanging out in the ‘dark corner’ as you put it before venturing out to get amongst it on the forums.

We really are very friendly though, and now that you’re here I hope you enjoy being part of the gang.

And if anyone else is watching from the ‘dark corner’ and wondering if they should get involved, please do – we’d love to meet you :)

Jayne and the FS crew

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Hi Samantha,

Welcome to Flyingsolo!

I wish I had your talent, clutter seems to be my middle name.

Look forward to seeing you on the forums.

Cheers,

Matt

organisemyspace
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 129464 wrote:
    Hi Samantha,

Welcome to Flyingsolo!

I wish I had your talent, clutter seems to be my middle name.

Look forward to seeing you on the forums.

Cheers,

Matt

Thanks for your welcome, Matt..

Hopefully, I’ll be meeting lots of people just like you… ;)

Have a great day!

Sam

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

Hi Samantha and welcome. Great to meet you. Like you I am good at admin and organising, although I haven’t focused on the ‘organising’ side of things generally for my clients. I’m a Virtual Assistant and began working from home over 18 years ago. Love it.

If you have a real leaning towards organising did you know that there is such an industry of professional organisers? You probably should go check them out at http://www.aapo.org.au/. I’ve come across a few people in the past 18 years who focus on providing this as a service. :)

organisemyspace
    Up
    kathiemt, post: 129491 wrote:
    Hi Samantha and welcome. Great to meet you. Like you I am good at admin and organising, although I haven’t focused on the ‘organising’ side of things generally for my clients. I’m a Virtual Assistant and began working from home over 18 years ago. Love it.

If you have a real leaning towards organising did you know that there is such an industry of professional organisers? You probably should go check them out at http://www.aapo.org.au/. I’ve come across a few people in the past 18 years who focus on providing this as a service. :)

Thanks Kathie! I have looked around on that site many times and have it earmarked for a future membership – (still working out the finance side of things to determine what I should and shouldn’t pay for/join up front).

I have also looked around on your site many times, as one of my immediate thoughts was to be a Virtual Assistant as I have a very strong Admin background. I think I still have your site saved in my favourites!! :D

There is so much to think about when starting out, I’m constructing a “To Do” list as we speak (well, as I write) – and will chip away at it one thing at a time.

It’s nice to jump on here and speak to others though – even if virtually!

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

You’ll get used to it. I live in two worlds. The world where my family and friends live, and the virtual world where all of my associates and my clients live ;)

When you visit my site next you’ll probably notice a big change. It recently went through an overhaul. So nice to hear you’ve visited it other times.

You’ll enjoy the forum here I’m sure.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.