Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New member introduction: jexley

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jexley
    • Total posts: 382
    Up
    ::

Indeed, shaping up to be a great forum.

Hello all, my name is Judd, “like Chris Judd” I am perpetually telling people, “but without the awesomeness and the leavingness”. It helps them spell it and also draws comparisons between myself and my former favourite Eagle, and that never hurts, except for the leaving part.

I live in Perth and like puppies and long walks on the bea… wait… sorry, wrong forum. Heh.

I’m originally from Montana but left when I figured out that I didn’t want to make my way in life using cows and sheep (not saying for what). I was living in Denver with a great IT career with a great company and then I met a girl (online… cue creepy music), chucked it all in the US to come here, marry ‘er and raise a passle of Ameralians. My older two pre-existed me but are mine now and the third I made using my new Dremel and some Play-Doh (at least that’s what I tell the 8 and 6 year olds about the 2 year old).

I bounced around with some web outfits before figuring out that not only were they treating their clients and employees in ways I didn’t agree with, but also that I was making them money for a relative pittance. So I quit Racing the Rats every morning and started my own gig. Now I get to actually raise my kids and make money in my underwear. Figuratively that is, not literally… again, wrong forum for that…

After a couple of years I’ve experienced the same truth over and over. It’s about the PEOPLE, people! Make friends, network, do whatever it is that you want to call it, but don’t ever forget that all the relationships you’re making today can result in an increase in your business tomorrow.

Maybe it’s the quality of my work, maybe it’s my winning smile, maybe it’s that I excel at forcing myself onto folks, but I would be nowhere without the people that I’ve met, talked to, gotten along with, and followed up with. Call that networking or call it cookiefarts, it’s working for me.

Do what you do because you love it, the business will come.

That’s my story, and I’m stickin’ to it.

Steven Hudson
    • Total posts: 122
    Up
    ::

Re: Tell me a little about yourself?!

Hey Judd

Welcome- love your work.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.