Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New member introduction” Lucki

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lucki
    • Total posts: 147
    Up
    ::

hiya,

I’m a newbie to the soloists and have to admit it’s been fun reading the comments and sharing the knowledge.

My background is in Human Resources, Health and safety and quality systems. However, after having children and realizing that I could be in charge of where I wanted my life to be, rather than life dictate where I end up – I decided to start my business in chocolates and gift books. I love food and they say to do something you’re passionate about. It’s taken 10 years to get over the fear factor that I could actually do something like this. What I’ve come to realize is that we’re only limited by our self limiting beliefs and once we put a plug on that, anything is possible!

I registered my business Coconoir in 2007 but only got the website live last year. It’s certainly been a learning curve and one I’m thoroughly enjoying. Knowing there are more soloists like myself is great.

Stephen, it’s great to see you as a soloist. We met last December at the SE business networking group (you may or may not remember me, I was the one constantly nibbling on the finger food :) – I told you I loved my food. I’ve also sent this link to a couple of others in the group so there may be more of us joining.

Looking forward to sharing ideas and expertise.

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hi Lucki,
    A warm welcome to the forums – sounds like a delicious business!!
    Thanks for all your valuable posts and contributions you have made since you joined.
    Sorry this welcome reply took a while but but we’ve only just added a separate introductions forum – see this thread – so we’ve moved introductions into this section where each person gets their own thread. We hope that will make it easier for new members to get started.
    Cheers,
    Robert, Sam & Peter

Lucki
    Up

Hi Robert, Sam & Peter,

Thank you for the warm welcome. It’s been great fun to join the forum particularly as I was hesitant and forums not being my thing. So my initial experience has been most enjoyable.

I have to admit that I’ve been impressed by the members contribution and honesty. I might add a special thanks to Warren and Leela for their personal comments and contribution to me. Very insightful.

I’m looking forward to sharing and gaining much more from this valuable resource.

To many more enjoyable years as a future flying soloist :)

Lucki

Jexley
    • Total posts: 382
    Up

Hey Lucki,
    You sound like somebody who, even though they took a while to act on it, really has some of the more important things in life figured out.

Your introduction was actually, in all honesty, a delight to read. I wish you the best in your endeavours and I tell you what, if you need any help with SEO/SEM and the like, even just some consulting, I’d be happy to help somebody like you. You sound just awesome.

Right then, welcome to the forums too, you’ve already got these folks figured out then doncha? Some good peeps I tells ya.

Aximand
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Hi Lucki :)

I hope that you can learn alot of new and interesting things here :)

As do I :)

Lucki
    Up

Hi Jexley and Aximand,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I’m still learning the ropes with SEO, blogging, article content – a whole new world but one I’m actually enjoying. It’s definitely better than getting stuck in traffic watching the clouds float by.

I have my ups and down and question whether this was the right decision but persistence is the key and that’s the difference between success and failure. It’s not necessarily whether you have the talent (although it’s a bonus) but a decision I’m glad I made and know I’ll enjoy.

Jexley, thanks for the offer of consulting, I’m sure I may need your services down the track. Will keep you posted.

Regards

Lucki

Jacoza
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hi Lucki,
    I read your intro string (with delight and some envy…books & chocolate, you Lucki thing!) Sounds like the perfect business to be in.

I noticed that you made comment of the ups and downs and learning curves and I’m sure everybody was nodding heads in agreeance.

I’m new here (tonight is my first time) and I’ve found so many wise words in one convenient place.

I am totally inspired and admire all of you out there, doing what you love and wish you all every success, especially you Lucki, the world needs more chocolate! I’ll be checking out your website….

Lucki
    Up

Hi Jacoza,

Welcome aboard, always great to have new soloists!

Like I said I love food, so I figured if no one liked my product, I could always eat my way out of misery and depression and have a good book to read on the way.

I noticed you had a new intro so will be checking that out too.

I’ve found this forum to be a great support and hope you’ll find the advice and honesty of the members a great resource.

Have fun in your new adventure!

Lucki

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.