Home – New Forums New here? Share your story NEW MEMBER! :) Looking for Wholesalers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Scoop20
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone!
    My name is Stacey & I’m currently residing in Darwin Aus, but will be moving home to Melbourne in the next 6-12 months.

I’m in the middle of starting up a small online clothing boutique. I’m going to start with women’s fashions and accessories & then I would like to move on to mens, kids & maybe even homewares.

It seems I’m up to the fun part of starting my business… researching wholesalers! There is SO many out there. WOW!
    Just wondering if anyone has any tips, contacts, ideas on where I should look Have you had any previous experience with wholesalers? The good, bad and UGLY is what i’m after. I know a lot of this is going to be trial by error, but if you have any advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

If you know of any designers that want to get their range out there as well, point me in their direction. I’d love to take a look at all their stuff.

I look forward to chatting with you all and swapping ideas & advice (not that I really have much experience to draw on at the moment, but slowly getting there!)

Cheers

Stacey :)

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi Stacey and welcome

I am sure the wholesale fashion world is huge, make sure you find yourself a point of difference in the world of fashion and accessories, this will be vital in growing your business.

Best wishes and hopefully you get some contact via FS

Scoop20
    Up
    MissSassy, post: 183764 wrote:
    Hi Stacey and welcome

I am sure the wholesale fashion world is huge, make sure you find yourself a point of difference in the world of fashion and accessories, this will be vital in growing your business.

Best wishes and hopefully you get some contact via FS

Thankyou Miss Sassy!
    I will definitely be trying to make my business different from the rest… I just don’t know how yet! Thinking cap is well and truly on!

MissSassy
    Up

Keep up the research and follow other businesses that inspire you – Fashion stores like Beginning Boutique, St Frock, Gingham and Heels all have a really unique look, marketing plan and big following.

Scoop20
    Up

I’m loving the research part! And St Frock is one of my faves! When you’re already seeing all these stores, its so hard not to just go with similar ideas.. But I really want to find my own ‘thing’

:)

MissSassy
    Up

You will – I am happy to help you if I can, I know it can be difficult to find a niche so just keep moving forward.

Get advice where you can, it will increase your success long term.

Keep me posted – I would love to hear how you go.

Scoop20
    Up

Awesome! I would love your help!

My pet hate is bad customer service. So I know my business will excel on that side of things. It will be all about the customer & helping them as much as possible.

I will be starting small – very small! But I think that’s the way to do it when you’re a newbie. That way I’ll make less mistakes but also learn from the ones that I do make!

I will definitely keep you posted & I’ll be asking questions as my research brings new things to light!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

G’day Stacey,

Welcome aboard :)

We have lots of online retailers around here who are very experienced, so hopefully you’ll pick up lots of handy tips to help you get your new business up and running.

In my experience, people can be a little reticent to share their wholesalers – especially in the online fashion world, but the more specific you can be about the kind of suppliers you’re looking for, the more likely others are to be able to help. Make sure you do your own research too.

Good luck, and I will look forward to sharing your journey.
    Jayne

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.