Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New member – Mens Street wear brand KAPTN

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    KAPTN
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hey everyone,

I’ve been lurking on here for quite some time when I was venturing out on starting my own business and never made a post, so here it is!

I’m Krizy from KAPTN. We’re a new upcoming Sydney based street wear brand that just launched to the public on 14/04/14.
    Lead not follow, that’s the motto. Inspiring every day people to get up off their asses and lead their own path instead of following others. Being the KAPTN and taking the lead of their own life, not following others.

Being into positivity and reading books such as Rich Dad Poor Dad (by Robert Kiyosaki). It was the positive attitude that brought this brand alive.
    I have been referring to the Flying Solo forum quite often to seek advise about starting up a business and running it. I would like to thank you guys for the information provided in this forum.

The brand was built from scratch from the ground – up whole heartedly by myself.
    I am not a graphic designer, photographer, or web designer. Just an everyday person with a passion for fashion. When you can figure out what you want to do, finding out how to do it will come naturally.

If you’d like to check us out head to: http://www.kaptnbrand.com
    Oh and check out our cool Lookbook video: http://vimeo.com/kaptnbrand/lookbook

Let me know what you think!

Thank you,
    Krizy

Wordsmith
    • Total posts: 194
    Up

Hi Krizy
    Welcome to Flying Solo.
    Love the photos on the website and the look book is FABULOUS!
    Just wondering if you’re going to put some more web copy on your site to improve SEO and further engage visitors?
    Seems like a pretty obvious question for a web copywriter to ask, I know, but I think there is a really good opportunity for you to sell your business, brand and individual products here through sales copy.
    Kindest
    Kirsty

KAPTN
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hey Kirsty,

Thanks!

As the website was done on my own, I’m still pretty new to all of this. Could you please explain in more detail what a web copy and sales copy is?

I’d like to know more about it.

Cheers.

Wordsmith
    • Total posts: 194
    Up

Hello again :)

In this context, web copy and sales copy would be the same thing. Basically, you need web copy that sells … Copy that strikes the balance between SEO (search engine optimisation) and consumer marketing (sales).

While SEO generates leads, the quality of your website content will determine whether new visitors become customers or just passersby. I believe more keyword rich copy would improve your SEO, help you more clearly define and articulate your brand, and increase engagement with your customers.

I also believe that professionally written content is an essential component of effective marketing, particularly in the over-crowded online environment, where countless competitors are just a finger-click away. Here, your website is a 24/7 business representative, so it pays to have a professional online presence.

If you’d like to chat about this further, PM me your details and I’ll give you a call tomorrow :)

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

G’day Krizy,

Love the logo, the photography, your attitude… Love your work!

Thanks for joining Flying Solo, and for your kind feedback about the site – that makes our day.

We hope you enjoy being part of the gang here, and will look forward to seeing you and your business soar.

Jayne

Elizabeth-FE
    • Total posts: 127
    Up

Hi Kristy,
    Good job so far!
    Your creative is good.
    Your product range is really tight.
    And notice not all of the items in your look book are up for sale, such as the Mens Jacket??
    I see your sweats and beanies are coming soon?? How far away are they? As they need to available very soon so you capture peak season sales.

Now that you have developed this product and assume you are sitting on inventory I do agree that a focus on marketing your website is a must.

Would also be seeking editorial and would be driving like mad through social media.

Really need to identify your target market and start hanging out everywhere they are.

Good luck!!!
    Elizabeth

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.