Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New member saying hi and a question for proofreaders and writing services gurus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JenFreeman
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi my name is Jen and I’m new. Am I in the right section for new members?

I’ve started a proofreading service that offers mainly proofreading and copyediting. Hello and thank you for your time. I’m hoping to (among other things) connect with other proofreaders and content writers and editors, as I have some questions about client diversity and what they expect from your services. Hopefully you aren’t all nodding off with boredom. I’ve already got clients, but I have some queries that would be helpful if I can talk with some proofreaders. If someone can point me in the right direction and in the meantime I’ll search the forums. Thank you everyone.

GuestMember
    • Total posts: 318
    Up

Hi Jen. Right section! I used to do proofreading for academic books and foreign student essays. Hope you can find some current proofreaders. I have 8 contacts on LinkedIn in your industry but not sure how to search Flying Solo by industry. I’ll ask that question or make a feature request. Paul.

GuestMember
    • Total posts: 318
    Up

Hi Jen. Right section! Welcome!
    I used to do proofreading for academic books and foreign student essays. Hope you can find some current proofreaders. I have 8 contacts on LinkedIn in your industry but not sure how to search here by industry. So I’ve asked admin how to search the site membership by industry. You might want to watch this thread: http://j.mp/1X8iMQp in case I’ve overlooked a way to do it. Click ‘Watch Thread’, top right of any thread.
    Have a browse around the forums, ask a question, or add your thoughts to someone else’s thread! :)
    Paul.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Jen, and welcome,

I’m sure there’ll be a few folk around here who are keen to chat with you. We’ll also put a shout out on social media and see if we can rustle up a few more.

Thanks for joining us – we’re looking forward to getting to know you :)

Jayne

Tom ISW
    • Total posts: 180
    Up

Welcome, Jen!

Proofreading and copy editing is something I offer, I’d be happy to talk…I can also connect you to some other editors if you’d like! Shoot me a PM :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.