Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New Member – Startup Web Agency Owner in Adelaide

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #988779
    tl1992
    Member
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi all,

    I’ve finally decided to join after having a good look on this site. It was quite exciting coming across a great community of small business owners, with such tremendous amount of value given to fellow members.

    Brief Background on Myself
    I am 21 years old with a background in web development and online marketing. Just a little over a year ago, I made the decision to start Rodregus Web Business built around my 4 year passion of building websites. I have a deep fascination for entrepreneurship and start-up culture, and the thought of sharing with the world an innovative and potentially life-changing idea, as well as helping others to do the same is what gets me out of bed early every morning.

    About Rodregus Web Business
    We specialize in working with startup entrepreneurs and small businesses to build them an effective web presence to attract their ideal audience and potential customers. The tech startup world is a wild one. It’s very difficult to raise capital in the early idea stage, and even harder to know who to trust with your idea or will build it correctly. You need a web development agency that not only understands your needs and situations as a startup, but one that is also supportive of building your dream, and are not just in it for short term profit, one that will partner with your vision with a vested interest. You can find our website at http://www.rodreguswebbusiness.com (The site is in the process of being updated, though you can still view in detail more of the services we provide)

    How YOU can help us

    We work with entrepreneurs and SME’s – whether they are a young start-up entrepreneur with the next big idea or a small-to-medium business owner, we can provide the web solution for them.

    If that is you, email me at [email protected]. I’d love to hear more about your business/idea, and how we can help you. Alternatively, if you know someone who fits into this category, please pass the details onto them. It would be greatly appreciated!

    Looking forward to contributing to this community in whatever way I can!
    Tuan

    ____________________
    Tuan Luu – Web Startup Consultant
    email [email protected] for your complimentary web consultation today!
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/tuanluu1992
    http://www.rodreguswebbusiness.com

    #1168859
    help4bis.com
    Member
    • Total posts: 268
    Up
    0
    ::

    You know what I do not like about YA YOUNG PEOPLE…. ya all pick stuff up so much quick than me old person :-).

    Like your site, and welcome to the ZOO :-).

    “The tech startup world is a wild one. It’s very difficult to raise capital in the early idea stage, and even harder to know who to trust with your idea or will build it correctly”

    Correct…. but customers are out there and lots of them, but you need to get their trust first and with websites and the like you are a “big” risk for them. Because it is the first impression the customer gets.

    From personal experience if you can get the customer to see your service more as a subscription then an investment (in the short term as everything is an investment) you get them over the line easier. Make the initial commitment big from your part, small from your customer.

    Have a look at the links below, it might span some ideas how I gone about it.. might not work for you… but “subscription” is keyword.

    Hope this helps.

    #1168860
    Robert Gerrish
    Member
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up
    0
    ::

    Looking forward to contributing to this community in whatever way I can! Tuan

    …and we look forward to having you here. Thanks for joining us, Tuan.

    Robert and the FS Crew

    #1168861
    MatthewKeath
    Member
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    0
    ::

    Welcome!

    I look forward to reading your contributions.

    Cheers,

    Matt

    #1168862
    MissSassy
    Member
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up
    0
    ::

    Welcome

    You are in a busy space with web design – it is vital that you can separate yourself somehow from everyone else.

    Try not to be all things to all people and just be specific in a chosen niche as you will find that your success long term will work for you. This way people can choose you for that specific reason.

    I look forward to seeing you on the forums more.

    #1168863
    MatthewKeath
    Member
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    0
    ::
    MissSassy, post: 195794 wrote:
    Welcome

    You are in a busy space with web design – it is vital that you can separate yourself somehow from everyone else.

    Try not to be all things to all people and just be specific in a chosen niche as you will find that your success long term will work for you. This way people can choose you for that specific reason.

    I look forward to seeing you on the forums more.There are very few businesses that are uncompetitive.

    For some reason people seem to always remind me of this -‘wow there are a lot of you’ or ‘make sure you niche’ or etc etc. it get a little tiresome after a while.

    I have never said ‘Wow, another coffee shop… ‘Or business coach hey – what do you focus on’. I say hi and ask listen to them talk about their business. Then if asked I may give some business advice.

    #1168864
    Adam Hodgson
    Member
    • Total posts: 47
    Up
    0
    ::

    Welcome. It is a competitive space, but many people can succeed in a competitive space. Well done on the hardest step … starting out.

    #1168865
    MissSassy
    Member
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up
    0
    ::
    MatthewKeath, post: 195849 wrote:
    There are very few businesses that are uncompetitive.

    For some reason people seem to always remind me of this -‘wow there are a lot of you’ or ‘make sure you niche’ or etc etc. it get a little tiresome after a while.

    I have never said ‘Wow, another coffee shop… ‘Or business coach hey – what do you focus on’. I say hi and ask listen to them talk about their business. Then if asked I may give some business advice.

    Competition is wonderful for business as it brings out the best in everyone, so too does the ability to decide for ones self as to their need or not to take constructive comments on board.
    I am sure that you will find that the most successful businesses in any field will do at least one thing or several, that sets them apart, be they a coffee shop or coaching business.

    During the redesign of your website Tuan, I am sure it will represent you in a way that sets you apart from others in the industry as you have indicated in your post.

    As mentioned before I look forward to hearing your contributions in the future.

    #1168866
    MatthewKeath
    Member
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    0
    ::
    MissSassy, post: 195974 wrote:
    Competition is wonderful for business as it brings out the best in everyone, so too does the ability to decide for ones self as to their need or not to take constructive comments on board.
    I am sure that you will find that the most successful businesses in any field will do at least one thing or several, that sets them apart, be they a coffee shop or coaching business.

    During the redesign of your website Tuan, I am sure it will represent you in a way that sets you apart from others in the industry as you have indicated in your post.

    As mentioned before I look forward to hearing your contributions in the future.Of course, it just irks me because I get asked at least once a week.

    Once I got told by someone who was trying to start a business that I needed to Niche in a workshop. Um, thanks, been in business for 7 years now I understand the concept of what a niche is.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.