Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New member – Sydney based VA

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Catareeya Kijkla
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone

I’m new around here but have been active in the admin space in the corporate world for over 10 years.

I’ve decided to crack the whip on myself and diving into running my own business as a result of a major life changing experience – having a baby! I’m sure all of us need a kick up the bum once in a while to really get started in doing what we been meaning to do for so long.

I first decided that I was going to just take a maternity leave then head back to work after my 12 months is up but now I’m in my 10th month the thought of leaving my son for 9/10 hours a day is just too much. So I’ve decided to utilise my expertise in administrative area and work from home as a Virtual Assistant instead of going back to full time work.

Prior to becoming a mum, I was the Secretariat Manager for an industry association with members including most of the major financial markets players in Australia. My specialties are secretarial work for associations/membership based organisation, CRM management, project management, word processing, and all the usual EA tasks.

Going at it alone is all very new for me. I look forward to sharing my experience and hearing from the others!

Please feel free to get in touch if you would like advice or assistance in freeing up more of your time.

Cheers
    Cat

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Howdy Cat,

Welcome and congrats on the lil one.. avatar looks cute :)

Look forward to seeing you around, this is a great place to meet new peeps, contacts and even just to chilax a little while..

Take care

Cheers
    Jason ;)

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: hello@lucasarthur.net.au   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Jodie McLeod
    • Total posts: 345
    Up

Hi Cat,

Welcome to the forums and congrats on making such a liberating move :)

Be sure to speak up if you encounter any roadblocks as you get going. We should be able to point you in the right direction.

I second the cute avatar!

Cheers,

Jodie

Catareeya Kijkla
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Thank you Jason & Jodie. I’m looking forward to the ups and downs of the whole experience!

I was recommended to Flying Solo from a friend who started her online craft store last year and have found the site to be very informative. Her business is now thriving and she loves being able to spend time with her little one as well.

I’m just in the very beginning of the path – I have my website created (by myself!), my facebook and twitter set up. Just about ready to get out there and get some clients. If anyone has any suggestions on the best way to go about this I’d love to hear :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.