Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New Online Business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    nikkyl
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    ::

Hello if you are reading this!

I am a SAHM of 4 who decided I’d prefer to choose my own hours and work for myself than have to return to work in the near future :)

After getting sick of only being able to send flowers, chocolates and the like to loved ones and with my sister as my financial backer and partner, I am in the process of designing my own website 😮 for an online business selling gifts and hampers of a unique and personalised nature.

I have dabbled in web design before for a previous employer’s intranet and also obtained a degree in accounting while raising my children (which I’ve never used) so if I can overcome my mummy brain I’m hoping that I’ll be able to attend reading groups for years to come!

And if anyone has an idea for a hamper that they’d love if they were sent one I would be happy to hear about :)

EmbalmSkincare
    Participant
    • Total posts: 459
    Up

Welcome to FS and good luck with your new venture!

Regards,
    Mel

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi nikkyl,

Welcome to Flying Solo, it’s nice to meet you :)

I am gobsmacked that you managed to get an accounting degree while looking after small children. That is seriously impressive. I hope your new business goes brilliantly for you.

As it happens, I received a lovely hamper this week, which my mum bought at a fete. I don’t much like sweet things, so most hampers don’t suit my taste – but this one was great: It’s an Italian basket full of really nice pasta, divine pasta sauces, olives, sun-dried tomatoes and assorted related bits. Best hamper I’ve ever received, I reckon.

Hope that helps,
    Jayne

nikkyl
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

Thanks Jayne,

I don’t know how I managed either but I will definitely have an All Nighter Hamper dedicated to my years of late night study!

Thanks for your suggestion – I’ll definitely take that on board :)

Kylie

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Hi Kylie,

Welcome to Flying Solo,

I look forward to learning more about your business.

Nice work with the degree :), but I am not sure dabbling in graphic design on a intranet is going to be much help with a full eCommerce website!

See you on the forums,

Cheers,

Matt

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.