Home Forums New here? Share your story New online business idea needing direction

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sarahmcd
    • Total posts: 2

Hi All,

My name is Sarah, I am a new member (so hello!) and am amazed by the amount of support and resources on this site so thought I’d ask you some questions.
    I have an idea for a new online business however my background is in health so this is new to me!
    Basically my website combines media/advertising and the fashion industry. Sorry if that’s a little vague but I’ve researched this and there is nothing else like it. I’ve set up a website using wix (and have seen suggestions here that shopify my be easier) however it is very basic and needs some professional input before it can be published.
    I am needing some help in terms of a) business guidance, how to set this up and promote the website b) website design and c) financial guidance in the advertising world.
    Firstly though, where do i start with this. Do I see a Business Consultant? Or do I contact the suppliers who I think will benefit most from this to ascertain interest in website – even though my website isn’t published as yet?
    Thanks guys.
    Sarah

Happy2Invoice
    • Total posts: 54

Hi Sarah,

my goodness you have a lot whirling around in your mind and fully appreciate why. So, you are about to launch a website and require some input and I think the best thing to do here for you is handle each piece at a time so that confusion does not set in so let’s get cracking in readiness for your launch date.

Firstly, do you carry stock or, are you drop shipping? Answer this first and then we can move on to the next question and we will do it in stages so that we don’t get lost through the myriad of things to do.

speak soon :)

Lisa Crocker
    • Total posts: 221

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to Flying Solo and glad to hear you are finding our site so helpful :)

All the best with your new business and I look forward to hearing how it all goes!

Lisa

sarahmcd
    • Total posts: 2

Thanks Lisa and Qamar!

In answer to your question no I won’t be carrying stock, I will be drop shipping….

Happy2Invoice
    • Total posts: 54

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your response. Okay, now that you have confirmed that you are drop-shipping this makes your life a little more easier depending on how you handle this; now who will be collecting the payments from any potential customers, is it you or, is it the supplier?

MODEL A
    If it is you collecting payment, then you will either have to set up a shopping cart in the U I (user interface), then forward the relevant payment onto your supply chain “less any negotiated commissions” and only after the payment from your customer is seen as cleared funds in your bank account.

MODEL B
    Allow the supply chain to handle the customer enquiry from start to finish and then they pay you a commission from any sale achieved.

MODEL C
    As an example, this is one of my own companies in the UK that has been set up with actual manufacturers, it is purely a drop-shipping company and I never see, nor do I touch stock other than samples. The enquiry comes to my company directly for processing, payment is taken from the customer via Pro-Forma / Estimate, then the product “which is by the pallet” is dispatched directly to the customer from the manufacturer. The company doing this is: http://www.angelpaper.co.uk

There is no shopping cart as it is not that kind of business where a shopping cart is a requirement.

Which model would you be choosing for what you have in mind?

Once you have answered this, then we can move on to the next phase. :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.