Home – New Forums Tell me straight… New Online Business Review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    TrendyLulu
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    ::

Hi,
    Two weeks ago we launched our new online website called TrendyLulu – http://www.trendylulu.com. We are getting substantial traffic for having just opened, however we would love our conversion rate to be a little higher. I would greatly appreciate if you could let me know your thoughts on our new website. We created it through Shopify. Any thoughts regarding the products, the prices, the blog section (which we are in the midst of changing) and the general layout would be extremely helpful.

Thank you so much.

Amanda

TrendyLulu
    Up

Hi Sandra,
    Thank you so much for your feedback, you’ve given me some really great tips on what i can do to improve it. I really appreciate it!

Thankyou!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Looks great Amanda, well designed + photography is great one thing I would fix up, is get custom email address i.e. [email protected]

Having a generic email address i.e. [email protected] just screams unprofessional. This is easily done through goolge apps. Get in touch if you have any questions regarding this.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Hi Amanda

Already paid you homage in the introduce yourself thread, although when i was on your site i noticed a slight overload issue that appears is only apparent on a smaller screen. I run several screens and on my email screen (smaller of) the top level menu bar (black) loses or overlaps with others when it is squashed..

Particularly the BLOG section was missing (or hidden) – i have taken a screen shot so you can see both side by side, not sure of fix or if want to although thought i would upload it..

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    TrendyLulu
    Up
    isaac.martin, post: 192593 wrote:
    Looks great Amanda, well designed + photography is great one thing I would fix up, is get custom email address i.e. [email protected]

Having a generic email address i.e. [email protected] just screams unprofessional. This is easily done through goolge apps. Get in touch if you have any questions regarding this.

Yes great point. I’ve looked into doing this previously and will get moving on it right away. Thanks!

TrendyLulu
    Up
    SimplyReplica, post: 192619 wrote:
    Hi Amanda

Already paid you homage in the introduce yourself thread, although when i was on your site i noticed a slight overload issue that appears is only apparent on a smaller screen. I run several screens and on my email screen (smaller of) the top level menu bar (black) loses or overlaps with others when it is squashed..

Particularly the BLOG section was missing (or hidden) – i have taken a screen shot so you can see both side by side, not sure of fix or if want to although thought i would upload it..

Cheers
    Jason

Hi Jason,
    I wasn’t aware that was happening at all. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I’ll see if I can get that fixed pronto! Really appreciate all the help.

Thanks,
    Amanda

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Hi Amanda,

A great looking website,

Just a couple of commenst

* Are you a real person?? The number of people I know who will not buy of a website that is not run by real people is amazing. There is no name and worst of all no contact number people want the ability to talk to a person. Email is not personal, it does not give real people the chance to know if they have being heard or not.
    * under your FAQ’s you suugest for feedback you can speak to us, than you priovide an email address. Sorry thats not speaking.
    * Love your charities option, but again I am sending my hard earned to a website where I dont know there is a real person.
    * Your FAQ’s indicate 3 charities, but donate page only has 2.
    * 20 pages of T&C’s. but I only want to buy a dress!!!!!

Bert

TrendyLulu
    Up
    bb1, post: 192623 wrote:
    Hi Amanda,

A great looking website,

Just a couple of commenst

* Are you a real person?? The number of people I know who will not buy of a website that is not run by real people is amazing. There is no name and worst of all no contact number people want the ability to talk to a person. Email is not personal, it does not give real people the chance to know if they have being heard or not.
    * under your FAQ’s you suugest for feedback you can speak to us, than you priovide an email address. Sorry thats not speaking.
    * Love your charities option, but again I am sending my hard earned to a website where I dont know there is a real person.
    * Your FAQ’s indicate 3 charities, but donate page only has 2.
    * 20 pages of T&C’s. but I only want to buy a dress!!!!!

Bert

Hi Bert,
    Thanks for taking the time to check out the site and provide some feedback.
    The first point you made regarding the website not being personable – it’s something that’s been on my mind and it’s a great point. It’s something I definitely need to try to incorporate into the site and to make it more friendly and show the people behind the business. I’ll admit I’ve struggled a little bit with trying to find a way to do that, but it’s definitely something i will focus on more, thanks!

Thanks for pointing out the error with the charities i’ll fix that straight away.

I appreciate your feedback and time. Thanks again!

Amanda

Anonymous
    Up

how did you get 18xx likes in two weeks?

TrendyLulu
    Up
    keith.z, post: 192693 wrote:
    how did you get 18xx likes in two weeks?

On our Facebook page do you mean? I found the pay per click advertising extremely effective. I chose specific details when targeting our audience and was specific with their interests, age, etc and it worked really well for us. Facebook has taken off extremely well. I don’t know if it’s converting to sales as effectively however, but at least the name is out there gaining exposure for now.

Anonymous
    Up
    TrendyLulu, post: 192694 wrote:
    On our Facebook page do you mean? I found the pay per click advertising extremely effective. I chose specific details when targeting our audience and was specific with their interests, age, etc and it worked really well for us. Facebook has taken off extremely well. I don’t know if it’s converting to sales as effectively however, but at least the name is out there gaining exposure for now.

That’s impressive, would you mind share how much have you spent on pay per clcik? I can see there are some interesting post on your fb page.

By the way, your website looks beautiful. The only one thing is the blog section seems a bit crowdy, maybe you can find a way to make it easier to read.
    And for me, I would like to make the “huge sales”, “50% off” and “free shipping” wording stand out more, maybe using bigger font or apply some visual effects on it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.