Home – New Forums Starting your journey New online food retail business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    elbie21
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi,

I’ve been trawling through these boards for the past week and have only just joined.

I’m planning to start a small home based business in VIC essentially based on buying food goods from local producers and selling it online in hampers.

Can anyone tell me if I require a food licence to buy/sell/repackage food even though it’s not fresh food.. simply jarred/bottled/packaged goods. Hoping I can start by simply selling from home.

Before I launch anything I will be seeing my accountant – I’m still in the very early planning stages..

Any help or advice would be greatly welcome.. very nervous!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi elbie21,

I don’t know the answer to your question, but I love the idea of local hampers, and hope it goes brilliantly for you. Fingers crossed someone else around here will be able to point you in the right direction for answers.

In the meantime, welcome to Flying Solo, and thanks for joining in the fun!

Jayne

Chris – Marketing
    • Total posts: 162
    Up

Hi here In Victoria most shires/councils require the kitchen you prepare the food to be registered and complying with the health regulations this could be costly with hands free wash basins and Gulley traps. So check with your local council on your requirements. If so to speed up the process until you get your kitchen sorted out use/hire a kitchen. Local cricket club, CWA, Public halls.
    You can hire these for a day or a weekend and produce a lot in one session. Of course you and your staff will also need to have Safe food Handling tickets (available on line). Victorian requirements not sure about other states.

All the best

MYOK
    Participant
    • Total posts: 146
    Up

Hi Elbie, if you are buying in already packaged food we can possibly help with producers as well as a kitchen environment if you need it. I’m not entirely sure you need a kitchen, just a clean environment to store your hamper ingredients and packaging materials. Any council health department will be able to answer your question. Take a look at our website and get in touch if you need more help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.