Home – New Forums Other discussions New party for small businesses launched in Oz!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kattatecopywriter
    • Total posts: 22
    Up
    ::

Hey guys,

I’ve just been on Facebook and came across a new group called the Australian Business Party, which is a new political party launching which is aiming to support small biz.

I’ve read their mission statement on their website and I like quite a few of the things they stand for. It’s looks like they’re seeking 500 new members to join so that they can start their campaign. Membership is free, but I’m not sure how long for.

Anyway, if anyone’s interested, you could probably search for Australian Business Party on Facebook groups or their website is here: http://www.australianbusinessparty.com.au

Over and out!

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

They have some interesting policies especially this one • Seniors on pensions who look after grandchildren will receive $5,000 extra to their pensions if they spend 10 or more hours per week looking after their grandchildren. The role of grandparents needs to be acknowledged by Governments and assistance needs to be provided to those grandparents who are providing assistance to their working children.

actually this is an interesting website and I trust you will have a look

Warren Cottis
    Participant
    • Total posts: 807
    Up

Hello Kat & Burgo

After reading your posts I decided to give the Australian Business Party a call and I had a long and enjoyable conversation with its founder, Joseph Adams.

In a nutshell… the core message of the party is that small business is the foundation stone and driving force of the economy yet we are so often not heard by the politicians. It’s time for small business to have a voice that balances with big business.

I have joined the party today and I encourage you to do the same.

Why did I do that?

Well… in my heart, I believe that SMEs have been neglected and burdened with paperwork by successive governments.

The Australian Business Party is in its formative stages and it is rare in life that you can be part of and at the start of something new… plus contribute to its shape and form.

So even if you are a supporter of another party this is an opportunity to see how a business model comes together…. not only a business model but something that might change history and your life as an entrepreneur.

Unbelievably, it costs nothing to join right now. There is no risk, no downside… just knowledge to be gained. You can always terminate your membership.

But whoa there… let me also say that I am not trying to turn this Forum into a political agenda so I hope the Flying Solo team don’t censor this post.

I just think that if we believe that we can change our climate by small actions then we should also believe that the innovativeness of small businesses can drive this country forward. It’s not just about big business.

Please Click Here for a Membership Form

Burgo
    Participant
    Up

I had a long discussion with Joseph Adams today and think there is a lot of truth in what he is trying to do for all Australian Business. Take a look see.

http://www.australianbusinessparty.com.au

BruceR
    • Total posts: 195
    Up

Well I don’t want to get involved in a political debate but…..I’d like to see some costings. To say on one hand taxes should be slashed, and on the other that government needs to spend and invest more, is naturally going to be popular – if not hopelessly naiive.

Their agenda is also very socially conservative and I couldn’t help thinking that, with a more realistic view on financing the economy, that it sounds awfully like the Liberal Party. That’s not to say there aren’t good ideas in there (eg greater emphasis on indirect taxation).

I think all parties could do more for business, and while I’m not a political supporter (of anyone) there are some good things such as the great new NSW Small Business website http://www.smallbiz.nsw.gov.au

Burgo
    Participant
    Up

Their agenda is also very socially conservative and I couldn’t help thinking that, with a more realistic view on financing the economy, that it sounds awfully like the Liberal Party

I would say they are more aligned to the libs than to labor, so I suppose that is to be expected. One of the things he wants to get rid of is Payroll tax.

Fifty years ago when I started in an accountants office one of the first thing I did was to work out the payroll tax for a business. I couldn’t understand then why they were being penalized and although it is a revenue gathering exercise I still cant understand why it is still being charged. To me it has a negative affect on employment, therefore on business expansion.

However as I have said have a chat with Joseph Adams, he may be able to explain his reasons for doing what he’s doing.

I just think the whole thing is facinating.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.