Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New personalized gifts store

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Fetch A Gift
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hello everyone! My name is Paul and recently I decided to start small online store specializing in custom engraved gifts. Learned and developed everything by myself starting from scratch and learning along the way. :)

http://www.fetchagift.com/

Paul

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

Hi Paul

Thanks for joining the community, it’s good to have you here.

We wish you well with your new business

Robert and the FS Crew

Fond Digital Agency
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

Hi Paul,

Nice idea! Perfect for online!

Best of luck :)

Wordsmith
    • Total posts: 194
    Up

Welcome!

A fabulous online business idea and, from what you said about teaching yourself etc., I think there could be a really nice story behind your business.

Random thing for me to mention (and yes, I’m always looking for the story as a former journalist), but I saw this article about using storytelling to sell your business a little while ago and was reminded of it by your post.

A quote from the article is “There is often little to distinguish them from all of the other noise in the marketplace. Except their story.”

Maybe you should consider sharing your story? On the about page of your website, a media release, a blog, a Facebook note … I’m thinking about how you can broaden your audience.

The first two thoughts are:
    1. Market stalls – takes the online offline, but can generate great leads
    2. Social media – especially Facebook where you could target potential customers. And not just marketing your website, but marketing specific pieces to specific people, based on their interests and demographics.

Just some food for thought. If you need any help, give me a shout :)

Wishing you much success,
    Kirsty

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.