Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New Perth venture

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    JM dreams
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    ::

Hi all, I’m new here and starting my research on a new coworking business idea!

Do you work from home?
    Do you have kids?
    Do you have a regular group meet?
    Are you a member of a social club?
    Do you have clients to meet?

Would you utilise a light airy shared office space? Paying either, hourly, weekly or monthly??

Facilities would include;
    a crèche
    Desks
    Chairs
    Private meeting rooms
    Kitchen facilities
    Coffee
    Onsite parking
    Printers
    Tv for presentations
    Internet
    Mail box facilities

Let me know your ideas??

If you can help me out or want to be kept in the loop please send me your details! I’m unsure if I can put my email here??

Jen

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Jen,

Welcome to Flying Solo :)

I haven’t heard of a co-working space with a creche before – that’s really interesting, and I hope it goes brilliantly for you.

You’re welcome to include your email address here if you want to, but most people prefer not to, just in case any evil spammers stumble across it. Instead, most people use our private messaging (PM) system.

Good luck with your research,
    Jayne

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

PS: I just realised we have another newbie today who’s planning a similar venture. In case you’d like to introduce yourself, you’ll find her intro post here.

Caron
    • Total posts: 21
    Up

Hi Jen,

Jayne is right to introduce us. We are thinking along the same lines. I’ve conducted quite a bit of market insight research into this concept and developed the preliminary foundations for a co-project space here in Melbourne.

Happy to touch base if you’d like to send me an email.

With kind regards,
    Caron

martin.firth
    • Total posts: 259
    Up

Welcome guys, you’re ventures sound like great ideas. If you need any web help, let me know.

Martin

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Co working spaces are really starting to gain in popularity.

I currently work in a shared office (3 businesses) where we permanently share the space. LOVE IT
    it is a great energy and we all get along really well – 6 people in total.

Co working however brings up different challenges as the people there are different all the time and the way the space is used is also different for each of those businesses. I think that all the facilities you listed are necessary, with creche and mailbox possibly the two that can be elsewhere.
    Private meeting rooms would be a must for a lot of businesses otherwise everything else could be done from home.

Keep us all posted as to your venture.

Caron
    Up

Hi Jennie,
    Great to hear from you. I’ve just sent you an email, although I needed to change the è to a normal e so perhaps it won’t work… let me know if you haven’t received it.
    By the way, when I tried to reply to your FS email it kept telling me it couldn’t find the username JM dreams … Hmmm… hopefully your email works.

Caron
    Up

Hi Sassy,

Thanks for your feedback. I can appreciate why the mailbox wouldn’t be required for some businesses (& I have experience understanding how they can be beneficial – virtual receptionist collects/ processes/ scans you mail) but I am curious why you do not think a creche/ child care service is not required.

Jen & I share the same vision that there is a definite need for the two businesses to be in the same building, but I’d like to understand why you think not.

Could you elaborate for us?

I’d also like to know if you’ve worked in a co-working space in addition to a shared office like you have now? There’s not a great deal of difference between the two really but I am curious to learn if you believe there is a difference, and what that difference might be???

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi Caron

I believe that a child care facility may distract from your offering unless you or your business partner has this specific skill / qualification to bring to the mix.

The tricky thing with trying to offer everything to everyone means you actually don’t achieve a solid target market.

So I believe that deciding your target market first and then you can clarify your offer. If your target market for your area is business owners with children – then bingo, that is your goal.

Perhaps some local surveys will help with what small business people are looking for. You may be able to provide something not offered currently but that is actually in demand.

There is nothing worse that creating a business that you think is ideal but there is actually no demand for.

I have not physically worked in a co working space but I really believe it is the future of business.

Back to the mailbox – it can be relevant if you are based in a CBD or commercial hub which can then provide a professional address link for the business. North Sydney in particular here has several prestigious office spaces available for day rates.

Hope that helps

Caron
    Up

Hi Kelly, it does help, thank you!

You’re absolutely spot on that I need to first find the market to determine the businesses viability, which I’m in the process of doing now by meeting a lot of like-minded people to interview – people who feel the pain of working and balancing child care requirements and from these meetings determine the best way to solve their problems.

I feel like I’ve inadvertently taken over Jennie’s thread… my original one is here if you’d like to post thoughts there…. Although, I’m fairly sure Jennie would appreciate learning all this too!
    ;)

JM dreams
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

Thanks all for the comments and feedback, I am currently overseas so can’t access this as often as i would like!

Caron, we are on the same path and I would love to keep corresponding! I did get your email, my email is [email protected] so I received it okay!

Sassy, a bit of where I come from, I am a business woman but a mother at heart, I have put off becoming a mum because the two do not always mix, and especially in my industry, so I figure this is my chance to be an entrepreneur, not work from home (where the procrastination and chaos of family is) but instead be on a ideas creating space while my loved child is chilling with childcare experts down the hall!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.