Home – New Forums Tell me straight… New site, any suggestion welcome

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    WolfD
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    ::

Hi guys,

Recently went live with my new site, any suggestions and feedback welcome.

http://restore-photos.com.au/

Thanks
    WolfD

ShadowPro
    • Total posts: 22
    Up

Simple but effective – it’s meaning and navigation is clear, and you talk about problems the customer has.

I understood your business just from the domain name and the first picture.

It’s not wow and flashy, but then that doesn’t always translate to more sales any way.

I would compare it with your top competitors and try to make sure you’re a more compelling choice than them.

If it converts sales then it may be enough.

WolfD
    Up

Hi ShadowPro,

Yep site is simple for now, content will grow and make site larger.
    Plan is to include testimonials and gallery page next.

thanks for your response.

Craig_Longmuir
    • Total posts: 556
    Up

main thin for me would be to add more examples onto the homepage…nice idea tho

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

You need different font colours.

Heads and sub-heads should be a different colour(s) to body text fonts.

This goes to how people “read” web pages differently to text documents.

On the web they scan for concepts and your heads/subheads are likely to be concept describers. You want them to stick out like the proverbial d–‘- b—-.

Eg: http://www.restore-photos.com.au/repair-photographs/

You want people to see the page subheads:

How we repair photographs?
    [*]No work, no worry

A bright, contrasting colour is the simplest way to do this.

PS You have so many black and white pic examples that colourful head/subhead fonts would make your pages much more appealing.
    Regs,
    JohnW

WolfD
    Up

Thanks for suggestions,

Craig, yep I was thinking of adding more images on homepage and creating “gallery page”.

JohnW – good suggestion, I think that’s a nice idea, will definitely work on a colour for headers/subheaders.

Question for all, should you have ABN displayed on your website or does that not matter?!
    Is that something you look for when looking someone’s website/looking for services?

Thanks for your feedback.

Jason G
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

The site looks great. As soon as i landed on the homepage i instantly knew your business’s offering. The example shown on the slider is great; I think adding a few more examples would be beneficial.
    The already suggestions mentioned in this thread are also great.

WolfD, post: 191535 wrote:
    Question for all, should you have ABN displayed on your website or does that not matter?!
    Is that something you look for when looking someone’s website/looking for services?

Thanks for your feedback.

You don’t need to have your ABN displayed on your site, though i don’t think it would do any harm to display it. I can’t speak for anyone else, though as i know .au domain names require an ABN for registration, seeing a “.au” domain puts me at ease. Again though, i don’t think it would hurt to display it.

Craig_Longmuir
    • Total posts: 556
    Up

just noticed you have google ads running on the site…

fine for blogs/forums etc etc but a sure way to make any business/service website look very cheap.

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up
    WolfD, post: 191535 wrote:

I always suggest full contact details including your ABN number on the Contact Us page.

There are potential suppliers as well as customers visiting your website. A new supplier will need your ABN.

Every one needs to feel they are dealing with real people and an entity that is located where it is easily accessible if things go wrong.
    Regs,
    JohnW

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.