Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New Small Business Buyer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tania_844
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi! I am looking into the possibility of buying into a retail furniture and interior consulting business, and hoping to get some tips as to how to go about starting out. I am literally starting from scratch and so far have no knowledge about owning a small business. I am studying Interior Design and Decoration and will have help regarding marketing, although am eager to see if there are any ‘need to know’ steps about starting a small business? Thank you to anyone who takes the time to help – it would be greatly appreciated!

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Gosh Tania – how long is a piece of string.

If you can come up with some specific questions it may be easier.

Owning a business is difficult and particularly part of a business, I recommend you get accounting, legal and business advice before you leap into anything.

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

I agree. There are too many answers and no questions. Perhaps start by writing a business plan, talk to an accountant ( which will advise you to have a business plan) plus he will take you though the numbers and some legal stuff.

Then there is all the marketing and business strategies…

Perhaps you could also talk to a business adviser or business coach.

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Tania,

Great to have you on board! We all started at square one at some point, and hopefully it’s more exciting than it is daunting so far.

Feel free to start a new thread with any specific questions. See you around. :)

Dave

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.