Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New Sole Trader – Spray Painter Here

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Wheel Buddy
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    ::

Hi Guys

Thanks for having me on board.

I joined because i operate two businesses as a sole trader , providing Alloy Wheel Repair and also Brake Caliper Painting and Automotive Spray Painting.

I am here because id like to share ideas around expanding my marketing.

My business is in its first year and already doing well . I have web design experience which has helped me to build 2 highly ranking sites .. 2nd position in google and 1st position in google.

This generates the bulk of my work currently but my goal is to expand further and build the business to a level where a workshop could be rented.

Anyway thats a brief intro, thanks

Lindz
    • Total posts: 254
    Up

Hello Wheel Buddy,

Welcome to Flying Solo. Looks like a couple of niche businesses with lots of potential.

Looking forward to your questions and contributions.

All best,

Lindsay

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi and welcome to Flying Solo, we are getting a few trades on here now which is nice to see.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Wheel Buddy, and welcome,

It’s great to have you here, and I’m sure you’ll pick up plenty of handy ideas for both business.

Good luck with it all,
    Jayne

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Hi Wheel buddy, nice you have you here. You certainly can build a great web site… Are you sure you are in the right business. Perhaps you have missed your calling.

When you say you like to share your ideas about expanding your marketing, what are you thinking of doing?

Wheel Buddy
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    Tony Manto, post: 191394 wrote:
    Hi Wheel buddy, nice you have you here. You certainly can build a great web site… Are you sure you are in the right business. Perhaps you have missed your calling.

When you say you like to share your ideas about expanding your marketing, what are you thinking of doing?

Hey Tony … we meet again

Well , thank you for the compliment on the websites , to be honest i did initially start a web design business , but i prefer to be outdoors and I like working on cars .

I dont want to be stuck behind a computer all day so the change to trade work has been a blessing for me.

I spent 10 years in sales/ business development / web-design and a whole variety of desk jobs and for the first time I dont feel like a “slave” if that makes sense …. so that being said . Yes I am definitely in the right business for me.

With regards to marketing , I have decided to run a Facebook campaign as my next online strategy as it allows me to target my local area demographic and also isn’t over the top price wise.

What do you do exactly and what kind of marketing have you had success with Tony ?

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

I am a business coach. I coach many different businesses on how to improve their business. Marketing is a minefield with hundreds of different options. Some work better than others and some suit some businesses better than others. Although I have 30 years in sales and marketing experience, I generally focus on strategies, communications, time management, planning, problem solving and many more core skills.

I found in the early days, that getting customer is one thing but to build and grow a successful business you have to run a successful business. This is the area that I focus on. You can do all the SEO and marketing in the world, but if you can’t keep them or you are not making any money, then what’s the point.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.