Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New startup – investing and trading

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Henry21
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

My name is Henry (as you could have probably already guessed) and about 3 months ago I started a new business venture where the main goal of my privately held company is investing and trading.

This is not my first foray in to business, I’ve previously ran 2 sole trader businesses importing from China and selling retail of which I found I don’t have enough time to run.

One of my specialities will be in angel investing in micro businesses and my belief is that this forum and its members is a hotspot for innovation and idea generation. I will be looking to make investments by funding startups or existing businesses with great ideas at some point in the future and I hope to get to know everyone here.

Cheers
    Henry

nighttax
    • Total posts: 172
    Up

Welcome Henry

Good to see you revealing something about yourself. I hope you do well and get a chance to help some of the entrepreneurs here in a way that benefits you both.

Regards
    Evan

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

G’day Henry,

It’s great to meet you – thanks for joining us here in the forum :)

I hope you make some fantastic connections here, and am sure you’ll find lots of opportunities to contribute to our chats too.

Welcome aboard,
    Jayne

dangaff
    • Total posts: 244
    Up

Hi Henry,

Sounds awesome. I’m heavily into finance, trading and investing.

When do you plan on starting?
    Will angel investing be your primary aim, or have you looked at other avenues too?

Thanks,

Dan

Henry21
    Up
    dangaff, post: 181970 wrote:
    Hi Henry,

Sounds awesome. I’m heavily into finance, trading and investing.

When do you plan on starting?
    Will angel investing be your primary aim, or have you looked at other avenues too?

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan,

I’ve started the trading component and am working on the angel investing side of things now. I am currently weighing up my options in regards to leverage.

Would you care to share what other avenues you have in mind?

Is there anything particular you trade or invest in? If you don’t mind me asking. It’s quite exciting to find someone else who is in to trading and investing, as there seems to be quite a lot of retailers on this forum.

Cheers
    Henry

dangaff
    • Total posts: 244
    Up
    Henry21, post: 181972 wrote:
    Hi Dan,

I’ve started the trading component and am working on the angel investing side of things now. I am currently weighing up my options in regards to leverage.

Would you care to share what other avenues you have in mind?

Is there anything particular you trade or invest in? If you don’t mind me asking. It’s quite exciting to find someone else who is in to trading and investing, as there seems to be quite a lot of retailers on this forum.

Cheers
    Henry

Hi Henry,

Ah very nice. Glad its progressing.

There is plenty I guess, more so the sub-parts of investing and trading, ie – arbitrage trading, value investing, futures trading such as technical’s. The list goes on and on, whatever best suits yourself.

Currently don’t trade, traded some forex (price action) last year for a while but became too busy with other commitments. I also find it interesting when other traders/investors come along as you mentioned, there isn’t many here (publicly announced anyway).

Are you from Melbourne or Sydney? (or elsewhere..)

If you want move the conversation over to PM’s if you don’t want to clog up your own thread.

No Limits
    • Total posts: 44
    Up
    Henry21, post: 181908 wrote:
    Hi all,

My name is Henry (as you could have probably already guessed) and about 3 months ago I started a new business venture where the main goal of my privately held company is investing and trading.

This is not my first foray in to business, I’ve previously ran 2 sole trader businesses importing from China and selling retail of which I found I don’t have enough time to run.

One of my specialities will be in angel investing in micro businesses and my belief is that this forum and its members is a hotspot for innovation and idea generation. I will be looking to make investments by funding startups or existing businesses with great ideas at some point in the future and I hope to get to know everyone here.

Cheers
    Henry

Hi Henry,

Good luck with your goals and really look forward to updates as you progress.
    We too run an import direct to retail biz, and apart from property investment, am looking into new investment markets such as angel investing like yourself, (don’t really like the financial markets).

Would be good to hear some of the deals your doing.

No Limits

Henry21
    Up

Hi guys, I will pm each of you personally to a be a quick chat. There might be business opportunities as we all seem to have a one particular common goal.

I’m in Sydney

Cheers
    Henry

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.