Home – New Forums Money matters New Tax Laws and Director liability

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    StevenKugel
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,

I recently posted a discussion about proposed changes to tax laws that the government was considering. These changes impact on Company Directors Personal Liability.

Just recently those proposal were made into law, and I must say they go quite far.

Company Directors will now be personally liable for unpaid super contributions, many of the protections that existed under the old regime have been removed and the end result is that Directors personal assets are now more at risk in the event that their business fails. The new laws even go as far as to implicate spouses and other associates in some cases

I have written some fairly in depth explanations of these law changes on my website (links below).

I would like to offer my assistance to answer any questions you might have. feel free to ask them here and I will try to answer as best I can for everyone’s benefit.

http://insolvencyexperts.com.au/director-penalties-extended-to-unpaid-superannuation-and-payg.html
    http://insolvencyexperts.com.au/practical-implications-of-recent-tax-law-changes.html

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Thanks for the update Steven

AGMBris
    • Total posts: 319
    Up

Hi

Very interesting, certainly much of this slips “under the radar” or as director we dont look harder enough for updates to corporate law.

The veil is dropping more and more – I personally think the target of unpaid super is a great thing, ensuring that employees are not made expendable with relation to cash flow elements.

Thanks for the information.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.