Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New to forum-Need Accounting Advice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Shirt75
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi there,

New to the forum and have joined as I have read some very good and helpful advice.

I am looking at starting my own natural hair care products specifically for different types of curly/coily/ kinky as I am one and am very passionate about use of natural product. Will be seeking advice and support and will do the same for others..

Have a question. My husband and I already have a Ltd company which we stopped using recently but I want to have the new business trading under the Ltd company. Question is can I use the money already in the company to start up this new one as it’s all falling under the same ABN etc??. Would save me from having to get a loan. Meeting with accountant soon but wanted to have some info before hand.

Thank you all

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi And Welcome to the Forums Shirt75. It is great to have you!

Hopefully some helpful members will be along soon with some on-point advice.

Cheers

Easysmb
    • Total posts: 84
    Up

Hi There
    It is fine for business change directions to do a different business under the same legal entity. You can just register new business name under the company to be relevant to your new business. And also if your product is retail focused, please also register trademark if necessary.
    For new business under same company, please be aware of the limitation of applying loss carried forward from different business activities.

Good luck for your new business.

Shirt75
    Up
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 238174, member: 78928 wrote:
    Hi And Welcome to the Forums Shirt75. It is great to have you!

Hopefully some helpful members will be along soon with some on-point advice.

Cheers
    Thank you Paul

Shirt75
    Up
    Easysmb, post: 238222, member: 80732 wrote:
    Hi There
    It is fine for business change directions to do a different business under the same legal entity. You can just register new business name under the company to be relevant to your new business. And also if your product is retail focused, please also register trademark if necessary.
    For new business under same company, please be aware of the limitation of applying loss carried forward from different business activities.

Good luck for your new business.

Shirt75
    Up
    Shirt75, post: 238224, member: 84781 wrote:
    Great info, will keep it in mind about the limitations of applying losses.

Thank you

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.