Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New to the Forum and being my own boss

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anthony_83
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    ::

Hey guys,

Im new the forum, have spent many a late night staring at the screen, reading through the enormous amount of info on here.

My name is Anthony and I have recently left my job here in Brisbane, in order to chase the aussie dream, working for yourself. I was at my last job for 7 years as a mechanic and automotive air conditioning technician. I picked up alot of ideas and tips on how to run ( and not run ) a business. I have decided to start my own Mobile car air conditioning & vehicle service business.

I have sorted my ABN, business name, uniforms and business cards, just waiting on my Refrigeration trading Authority to come through and I will get cracking.

I

Julie Janzon
    • Total posts: 40
    Up

Hi Anthony

Welcome and congratulations. Good to see you’re on your way to starting on the road to sucess. Pun intended.

I see you’ve applied for your ARC licence. Good stuff. Did you have to get one for just you or one for you and your new business too? I’ve done some start up work for a mobile auto elect/air con business in the last couple of years so I know what you’ve just been through. If I can help out with any advice or tips please contact me. Happy to help. Also know some distributors for parts too if you need a point in that direction too.

Best of luck and keep us updated of your progress.

Go the Brissy boys.

cheers

Julie

Anthony_83
    Up
    JulieJanzon, post: 154768 wrote:
    Hi Anthony

Welcome and congratulations. Good to see you’re on your way to starting on the road to sucess. Pun intended.

I see you’ve applied for your ARC licence. Good stuff. Did you have to get one for just you or one for you and your new business too? I’ve done some start up work for a mobile auto elect/air con business in the last couple of years so I know what you’ve just been through. If I can help out with any advice or tips please contact me. Happy to help. Also know some distributors for parts too if you need a point in that direction too.

Best of luck and keep us updated of your progress.

Go the Brissy boys.

cheers

Julie

Thankyou for your kind welcome. I have held a refrigerant handling licence for 7 years but my previous boss purchased the gas etc. So I have simply applied for the RTA to enable me to do this myself. I do have a few distributors who I am currently setting up accounts with, but owuld appreciate it if you coul suggest a few that you prefer.

Dee.
    • Total posts: 17
    Up

Hi Anthony,

From one new member to another – welcome and congratulations.

It looks like we’ve joined the right crowd, that’s for sure.
    It’s only been a day since I’ve put in my ‘Hello World’ post and warm welcomes are already coming in.

I wish you the very best with your business and with the life ahead of you.
    Being based in Brisbane as well, hopefully our paths may cross sometime in the near future.

Look forward to the stories and experiences you’ll have.

Good luck!

Warm regards,
    Dee

Anthony_83
    Up

Thankyou both for the kind welcome. Its exciting and a little scary at the same time. Just regarding the licences. I have held a refrigerant handling licence for 7 years but my previous boss purchased the gas etc. I have applied for the RTA to enable me to purchase the gas myself.

Dee, welcome and thankyou very much for your well wishes. I wish you all the best as well.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

What exciting times for you Anthony!

It sounds like you’ve got quite a few of your ducks lined up there. I hope you enjoy every moment of being your own boss.

Welcome to Flying Solo :)
    Jayne

Smythie
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Hello and welcome,

Just wanted to send my congratulations and best wishes for your success. It is a very exciting challenge for you starting up your own business.

There is so much to do when starting a business, and you have certainly come to a great place here at FlyingSolo as you will get loads of information and ideas of what will assist you in creating an amazing and sustainable business.

Good luck!

Cheers
    Alison

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.