• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lolly00
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hello,

I’m lolly and I have recently joined FS as I’m looking for some helpful business advice. I’m wanting to set up an educational program for children 3-5 years. It’s sort of like a tutoring style program. I have an immense amount of experience, degrees and certificates, working with children checks etc

My question is for a stand alone program that will only run a few sessions per week to begin with- am I better off finding a ‘child friendly’ space to hire each week, same time etc OR am I better off finding a space to rent?

If anyone has any other business advice re: tutoring etc that would be really helpful too!

Thanks,

lolly,

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

I would think that hiring a community centre, or similar will be the best way to test what you are looking at doing.

Most community centre’s will also be able to promote your idea too.

You will need to find a was to promote your offer locally to parents so that you can fill a regular class.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi lolly00,

Nice to meet you :)

While it’s not my area of expertise, I tend to agree with MissSassy that you’ll be better off only paying rent for the space at the time you need it. That would also give you the flexibility to hold classes in several different areas, if you wanted to.

Good luck with it all, and we’ll look forward to hearing more as your plans progress.

Thanks for joining Flying Solo,
    Jayne

lolly00
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Thank you for replying FS concierge and missSassy. I am inclined to think the same, my only other concern is small tables and chairs for the children.

So much to think about!!

FS Concierge, post: 190202 wrote:
    Hi lolly00,

Nice to meet you :)

While it’s not my area of expertise, I tend to agree with MissSassy that you’ll be better off only paying rent for the space at the time you need it. That would also give you the flexibility to hold classes in several different areas, if you wanted to.

Good luck with it all, and we’ll look forward to hearing more as your plans progress.

Thanks for joining Flying Solo,
    Jayne

RICHSTUDENT
    • Total posts: 24
    Up
    lolly00, post: 190181 wrote:
    Hello,

I’m lolly and I have recently joined FS as I’m looking for some helpful business advice. I’m wanting to set up an educational program for children 3-5 years. It’s sort of like a tutoring style program. I have an immense amount of experience, degrees and certificates, working with children checks etc

My question is for a stand alone program that will only run a few sessions per week to begin with- am I better off finding a ‘child friendly’ space to hire each week, same time etc OR am I better off finding a space to rent?

If anyone has any other business advice re: tutoring etc that would be really helpful too!

Thanks,

lolly,

Hi Lolly,

What an interesting name…

… anyhow, I’m reading a book by Dan Kennedy. He states that people don’t really care about your expertise or products or services.. but: about how it can benefit them.

Create a marketing and branding strategy that could help you seal the deal with the parents of these kids, showing them how their kids could benefit the most through your services.

Another tip I got is that you’ll need to create a culture in your business. A culture where parents could be a part of, whether be it a monthly meeting/party or gathering of some sort…

… there has to have an incentive for them to be a part of your business, not just for the sake of their child’s education – if you plan to do it big :)

To Your Success,

Dave

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.