Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New Venture-the Business Arc

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    ::

Hi,

My name is Jake and long time lurker first time poster.

My partner and I have been running a recruitment business from our home for around twelve years and we have now started a new venture. We have been working using a virtual office in Sydney and on occasion using their meeting rooms. Essentially we got sick of the travel and decided to look for a serviced office in our area, when we couldn’t find one in Penrith we decided to research setting up something similar here, in a nut shell what we have is a smallish office space with offices and open plan workstations. We are not a typical serviced office but what we want is more of a hub and workspace for small and micro businesses like ours, we are not in it for big bucks, although that would nice, we just want a place where home based and start-ups can get going without all the hassles of leases and fit out.

So after six months of work, we also both work six days a week so this has all been done after hours and weekends and we did all the re-furb ourselves (very, very small budget) we have launched so I thought it time to introduce myself. Over the years I have been reading through forums and found a lot of information and inspiration and it is has been of great help, so if anyone has any tips or ideas that we can use to market and attract clients I am all ears, still a few things missing, website etc as finances are a little thin, but we are getting there.

Anyhow, just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully in a few months I can report on our progress.

Also hopefully not breaking rules but if any is looking for office space/meeting rooms in Penrith drop me a line.

Thanks

Jake
    the Business Arc

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

Welcome Jake and I was going to ask about your website so I could see your rooms! And of course that will help promote it for you too.

I know that here in Vic some councils have what they call ‘hubs’ for micro businesses to be able to go into and use when they need to so I wonder if the local council might be worth chatting to, to see if they would list it in newsletters and emails they send out?

And of course local business networking groups would be ideal places for you to visit to let people know you exist. What about flyers in local cafes?

Look forward to hearing of your progress.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Jake,

Welcome to the forum

Steve

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Jake,

Welcome :)

As Kathie mentioned, we’d love to check out your website, so please share the URL with us. The easiest way to do that is to add it to your forum signature, which you can do in the Control panel (accessed via the grey bar above the forum).

All the best,
    Jayne

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.