Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New & Wanting Advice Please !

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JB94
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hey guys, I’m currently at Uni studying Commerce for now and am midway through a Business Plan for an assignment.
    I have planned to set up a 24/7 gymnasium, similar to Snap Fitness and Anytime Fitness although mine will be privately owned, not franchised.

I have to give reasons as to why I have chosen the management structure I have and I am completely stuck. The gym will be run as a partnership, and will have a limited amount of employee (roughly 5 including the co-owners).

What management structure would be the best for this situation and why? Functional or Divisional? Personally, I believe a functional structure will best suit the business but can’t justify why.

Thanks guys!

SeanM
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

Very broad issue to be honest. Maybe speak to a lawyer on here or willing to help you as a start up?

Structures such as trusts/ companies etc is to do with protecting you as the owner but they also come with compliance and cost.

JB94, post: 158778 wrote:
    Hey guys, I’m currently at Uni studying Commerce for now and am midway through a Business Plan for an assignment.
    I have planned to set up a 24/7 gymnasium, similar to Snap Fitness and Anytime Fitness although mine will be privately owned, not franchised.

I have to give reasons as to why I have chosen the management structure I have and I am completely stuck. The gym will be run as a partnership, and will have a limited amount of employee (roughly 5 including the co-owners).

What management structure would be the best for this situation and why? Functional or Divisional? Personally, I believe a functional structure will best suit the business but can’t justify why.

Thanks guys!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi JB,

Welcome to Flying Solo, and thanks for your question.

Just to clarify – are you talking about a fictional business purely for the purposes of the assignment, or are you actually planning to open it?

Cheers,
    Jayne

JB94
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

This business is fictional, like you said purely for the assignment.

I have somewhat justified a functional management structure due to the small amount of employees, having 1 employee be an expert in their given field i.e Accounting, Personal Trainer, Marketing, Customer Service.

This should improve efficiency whilst eliminating the chance of errors in the performance of tasks along with the reporting of tasks back to the co-owners.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.