Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New web content writer member

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Shauna
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hi,

I’m Shauna and am in the process of starting my own business providing copy for websites, writing blogs and newsletters and all other things website related. Striking out on your own is very daunting from time to time so I’m looking forward to helpful advice and encouragement!

Sydney Business
    • Total posts: 141
    Up

Flying Solo is such a great place – I am sure you will find lots of support here.

Welcome and best of luck with your new business.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Shauna,

Thanks for introducing yourself :)

You’ll find lots of people around here who are in a similar boat or remember what it feels like, so make yourself at home, and feel free to ask any questions that come up for you.

Good luck for your new venture,
    Jayne

ryanmclean
    • Total posts: 25
    Up

Hey Shauna,

Content creation is the future of the internet (I believe). I know a few people who are making a KILLING writing copy and email autoresponders.

I don’t know many people making a killing writing blog content. Seems like a very commoditised market. Low barrier to entry and you are competing with all the non-english speakers who work for cheap.

Shauna
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ryanmclean, post: 164553 wrote:
    Hey Shauna,

Content creation is the future of the internet (I believe). I know a few people who are making a KILLING writing copy and email autoresponders.

I don’t know many people making a killing writing blog content. Seems like a very commoditised market. Low barrier to entry and you are competing with all the non-english speakers who work for cheap.

My focus is certainly on web content/copy and automatic email responses – all the things people want but don’t have the time or the inclination to do. Blogs are a bit of a sideline, a way to get a bit more creative expression in and broaden my exposure to different kinds of clients.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.