Home – New Forums Starting your journey New web design business – How do I get more clients?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Meejodigital
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hey Guys,

Newbie here and first time poster. Can anyone help me with advice on how to get more clients for web design? I charge at the lower end of the market for website design and have a couple of clients now but am looking to expand and make this more of a full time income.

MichaelF
    • Total posts: 34
    Up

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+do+I+get+more+clients

But seriously, how did you get your previous clients?

Do you have a specific target market you are tailoring your service towards?

Do you prefer offline or online marketing?

Do you have a budget for advertising?

Ask yourself these questions and more.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi And Welcome to the Forums. It is great to have you!

It is always hard just starting out.

A good place to start is to share the journey that others who have started before you have tread already.

We have some excellent articles in our Marketing section http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/marketing

And there are plenty of threads to read in our Forums.

Good luck with the business!

LayeredPixels
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

hi there!

do you have a website? I did a google search and found a Meejodigital on twitter and instagram, but not sure if that’s you?

joelwarren
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Hey Meejo, been there done that a few times.

You can’t go past personal connections to get started, reach out to your friends and family and let them know what you are doing and see if they know anyone that might be interested in your services. You need to take time and personalize each message.

If you are charging on the lower end it might not be helping either, it could be worth taking some time, sharpening your skills and charging more for a better quality or more valuable (to the client) service.

danielsidhom
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

Try and partner with a local SEO company that doesn’t offer web design. You will benefit each other.

Kelly Exeter FS Editor
    • Total posts: 241
    Up

Hi Meejodigital

As someone who’s been in the web design game for 10 years I can say the fastest way to find new clients is to do a great job for existing clients. Web design is one of those things where people will take a personal referral over anything else going. So do a great job for the people you are working for now – pop your link at the bottom of the page (ie Designed by meejodigital) and more business should start flowing your way pretty quickly x

Encahntme
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    Meejodigital, post: 239451, member: 83598 wrote:
    Hey Guys,

Newbie here and first time poster. Can anyone help me with advice on how to get more clients for web design? I charge at the lower end of the market for website design and have a couple of clients now but am looking to expand and make this more of a full time income.

Hello, I’m interested in you designing my website. Can you please email me your price list and past designs?

[email protected]

George Hello Freedom
    • Total posts: 20
    Up

Hi Meejodigital!

As another has said, be very clear about who your ideal customer/client is, then think about where they hang out (in what media channels, forums, etc.) and how they would normally go about finding someone to design their website. Choose one or two marketing activities/channels to focus on. Recommendations will be very important I can imagine – usually people will ask others if they know anyone. You could start by letting family/friends/network contacts know what you do and ask them to share your business with others they may know who are looking. Attending events that your target market may be at may also be beneficial.

I’ve also come across Foxley (a friend works there) a business that helps web designers/developers to get clients. Might be of interest?

All the best!
    George

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.