Home – New Forums Tell me straight… New website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    LLawns
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone.

I set up a website for my business and I seek for more feedback.

1. What needs reviewing? (i.e. logo, website, idea etc…)
    Website.
    2. What does your business do?
    We provide lawn, garden care and property maintenance services.
    3. Who is your target market?
    Private and commercial clients. Also development companies for display homes.
    4. What specific concerns do you have?
    I’m looking for a simple friendly and welcoming website. Also do I need more photos? Need to shout out that we provide high quality service to meet the customers satisfaction.

The website is currently free but the website address was purchased before the website was set up.

Any feedback welcome!

http://www.lovelylawns.com.au

Cheers
    Danny

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Hi Danny,

Do you have the site address so we can review it?

Blue Jet
    • Total posts: 189
    Up
    LLawns, post: 127217 wrote:
    Hi everyone.

The website is currently free but the website address was purchased before the website was set up.

Any feedback welcome!

Cheers
    Danny

Hi Danny,

What is the website address that needs reviewing?

Thanks,
    Joey

LLawns
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

I apologise.

Here it is http://www.lovelylawns.com.au

Many thanks

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up

It looks more like a blog than a business/service site. Which is fine if you’re going to blog about lovely lawns, but I’d revise it a little if you’re wanting to sell a service.

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

Hi Danny,

I think your website is heading in the wrong direction. You need an objective: What is it you want from your website? Once you’ve got that, think – how are you going to get it.

Best of luck to you – Phil.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Just add a little bit of contact and services info on main page will make it look more meaningful.
    On the first look , I couldn’t tell if you are providing services or is it just a blog.

marketingweb
    • Total posts: 625
    Up
    Cathie, post: 0 wrote:
    I wouldn’t use a contact form for your type of service. If you don’t respond to these queries quickly your potential customers will get annoyed. You could remove this page and keep your contact details in the widget sidebar on every page.

Just wanted to politely disagree with the above.
    I’ve built a website a couple years ago for a lawn mowing client at http://www.twincitylawnmowing.com.au and ranked it high for all key terms related to the local market.

This client tends to get a LOT of enquiries from their website, particularly the contact form.

The contact from tends to attract a better class of client who want bigger things done and are planning in advance, which is ideal for a lawn mowing business, rather than people who call who often want it done “now”. Most people aren’t silly enough to think a lawn mowing guy will reply in 5 minutes, so just make sure you reply at the end of the day.

Overall your website isn’t the most amazing ever, but it honestly doesn’t need to be – just by having one that’s clear and professional with contact details is a step ahead of most.

Some suggestions:
    1) Learn what Title Tags and Meta Description Tags are, and fix yours, including adding your location – so you have a much better chance of being found online. Read Here for info.

2) Redo your gallery – it doesn’t present very well.

3) You have testimonials on the sides of some pages, and then again under “More”. “More” isn’t a good menu item full stop, but with only one submenu it makes no sense – suspect you have done this because testimonials was too long and you didn’t know how to change the theme to fit your menu items. I say remove it completely and just have them showing on the main pages.

4) EVERY page should have a list of suburbs or cities you service – for your sort of business this is critical, and will help with SEO as well. Sure it’s on the home page, but it’s not on the About Us page for example which makes no sense, nor the services or contact page.

5) Get an email that isn’t gmail – it’s not professional.

6) If you can afford it, get a logo done – the plain green text up the top doesn’t look overly professional.

Hope this helps,
    Matt

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Danny,

I see you offer pensioner discounts. This would mean your interested in their business. I think make the font on the entire site a fraction bigger and see how it looks, if it doesnt look silly keep it so that the site is easier for pensioners to read.

Steve

Vilson
    Participant
    • Total posts: 184
    Up

I think website looks need to be change to Green as Your Business is Related to lawns.

Create Online Test or Quiz on ScoreBell
    tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up
    vilson, post: 129119 wrote:
    I think website looks need to be change to Green as Your Business is Related to lawns.

Very hard to make a website look professional when the primary colour is green in my opinion.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.