Home – New Forums Tell me straight… new website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TehCamel
    • Total posts: 873
    Up
    ::

We totally overhauled our website and would value some feedback

(I know the Shadow on the footer contact details is terrible!)

http://www.adept-it.com

Prashant Murphy
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Hi TehCamel

Here’s my feedback :)

From a design perspective, the logo doesn’t contrast well and also the paddings and margins are a bit off.

Also seems odd that there is no proper H1 tag and an accompanying description for your SEO. I would recommend making the title an H1 and adding a description with some keywords. Then combine the contact info and form in to one section, leaving the footer for some basic legal info. eg. (C) 2014 Adept IT. All rights reserved. (Or something like that). That way you could have all the sections in one column which matches the layout.

Hope that makes sense.

Just little things, that otherwise as a clean simple layout works great.

All the best.

PS. I just noticed the free onsite evaluation thing. You could consider putting that on the homepage to help engage potential customers.

TehCamel
    • Total posts: 873
    Up

thank you for your feedback. We haven’t really approached SEO yet(at least not on this one)

I will definitely discuss addnig the free evaluation to the homepage, probably on the slider to link to a separate page.

I also know I need to address the sliders – the content isn’t really useful.

Paddings and margin are off on the logo, or overall ?
    I guess we just put the existing logo in there (and redesigning a logo isn’t really an option)

Itch
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

Hi mate!

Your homepage looks a little bare bones and I like the logo but the colour isn’t quite right. In a nutshell, try talking more about your business on the website and don’t be shy about it. Keep at it and you’ll nail it sooner or later.

Craig_Longmuir
    • Total posts: 556
    Up

1st thing is to put some content on the homepage…who you are and what you do.

I would copy the content from the about page and put on the homepage, then delete the about page…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.