Home – New Forums Tell me straight… New Website Launched – Thoughts?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    whoosh
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

I have recently launched a new website aimed at footy recruiting and connecting local footy clubs with possible players and coaching recruits.
    It works in much the same way a dating website works, each member creates a user profile with details and image and video uploads, and can contact and search for specific player types etc

I would be interested to hear peoples initial thoughts on the site, wether its feedback on the idea, the site or aspects of it, or any suggestions of ways we can improve it.

I would really like to hear what people think as the the uptake probably hasn’t been to the level we would have liked in the initial couple of months since we went live.

The site is http://www.getrecruits.com

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up

Hi Woosh,

The website is excellent (and I rarely compliment). It is clear, and obvious what you do. I’d just say you could make one small change and say Aussie rules, because footy can also be soccer… but that is minor.

However, I think you might be asking for feedback on the business idea? If that is the case, then that is a different topic.

Jenny

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Hi Whoosh,

A couple of comments.
    * A few pages come up with security content errors on my system, could me my computer, but hasnt with any other websites this morning
    * No name on the web page
    * No contact details accept an email address, Sorry I dont sign up for anything that is anonymous, who am I giving my hard earned dollars to.
    Can many clubs afford $499.00 sure, your big AFL’s maybe.but your smaller clubs that a lot money
    * Without signing up there is no indication of how many members you already have, so am I signing up, paying my hard earned and than finding out I am the only lonely soul on your website.
    * Clause 2.2 of your privacy policy lets you sell my personal details to other people, I am not signing up,
    * 2.2 and 2.4 actually contradict each other.

oops I went over a couple.

Also is there a need ??

fanix
    • Total posts: 43
    Up

Looks great… I love bootstrap, makes development for a web-developer fun.

I did the same thing but not so much effort as you: http://www.finamic.com.au

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

I really liked the site visually, nicely done.

I have no thoughts about the business idea, I’m one of those rare birds that doesn’t really follow Aussie Rules, hope it’s a winner though.

One point to mention, it’s VERY slow to load. Thought it was me, so I ran it at Pingdom.

77 requests, 8.12 seconds load time … “this site is slower than 84%” of websites tested”.

Good luck with it. Cheers

Craig_Longmuir
    • Total posts: 556
    Up

looks great… :)

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Looks great!

I think the grey body text is hard to read for some people.

The price could also be a little clearer.

Being involved in a small sports club $500 is a far bit of cash, would really need to see the benefits – maybe a video or a better benefits page would help?

Abinstock
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

Site looks really clean and understandable as mentioned above.

My criticism would be the really long form to create an account:

– People are very hesitant to pass over their details online unless they really trust the site.
    – The longer it takes to fill out your sign up form, the more likely they will drop off.

Probably worth testing this with two signup versions.

Good luck!

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Whoosh,

You have a nice looking site, functional and simple.
    Well done.

Steve

tomwhite
    • Total posts: 51
    Up

I like the site, the design looks good but doesnt take away or distract (too much) from the text.

It did load quite slowly for me. Did a quick test and looks like your homepage is quite large (http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/bDFwuu/http://www.getrecruits.com/). Site speed is important for reducing bounce rate so might be worth looking in to that?

Tessa Hartnett
    • Total posts: 68
    Up

I had the same issue of a slow load time but love the clean look and your colour choices. I found it easy to understand and navigate.

Hope it goes well.

Luke Jones
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

Excellently executed website whoosh.

Love the concept (I’m a huge Aussie Rules fan).

One thing to consider is using a complementary colour to your green for the call-to-action button to really make it pop. I use Kuler to get the right colour (https://kuler.adobe.com).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.