Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New writer/editor in town ;-)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Heather Millar
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi there,
    I’m a writer and editor working from home by the beach on the Fleurieu Peninsula, South Australia. Just thought I’d check out Flying Solo – because, well, I work all alone over here and community is good!
    I’m expanding my business into ghostwriting and memoir/life story writing, which is exciting but a little daunting because marketing is tricky when it comes to such a personal realm. Firstly, you’ve got to make yourself visible so people can find you, then let people know what you have to offer. They have to feel a sense of connection with you, and they have to trust you with their life-long secrets and vulnerabilities, as well as the highlights of their lives.
    I guess I’m just putting it out there that if anyone has any bright ideas for marketing in this space, please feel free to speak up!
    Cheers – look forward to getting to know you.
    Heather

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712
    Up

Welcome. I hope you enjoy your time here and feel free to contribute. Sorry, I can’t help with marketing ideas but I am sure someone will come by with some :)

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo [USER=114874]@Heather Millar[/USER] .

It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining our community and posting.

This is very ABC but seeking out communities where publishers and writers hang out and just being very helpful there is a good start in becoming known for what you do.

Good luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.