Home – New Forums Other discussions New Year Blues

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

I need to have a little vent, as my start to the new year has been disastrous, and whilst their are so many great things in the pipeline, these past few days, and looking forward to the next week is just all frustration. I guess this is what is known as growing pains.

And I am not completely blameless, I decided to make everything happen at once… and at the start of a new financial year!

So what has caused all these dramas?

1. Changed our business from a sole trader to a pty ltd company. The problem is that ASIC have all sorts of issues with their new name system, that we cannot get our trading name changed over to the pty ltd company
    2. Moving office – Yes, we decided to move into a bigger premises, which is fantastic and exciting, but now we have suppliers who had promised to assist with moving equipment changing their mind, and telephone companies with call centres in India that can’t properly explain when my number will be changed over, but can catagorically tell me when it will be cancelled in our current place!
    3. We are buying a new machine – This is a major investment, but our financier, who we started working with 6 weeks ago are taking forever to give us the final sign off, which is causing delays in taking delivery, risking our deposit paid and delaying our new service.
    4. Oh and launching a new service!
    5. because of point 3, we have been holding off setting up the new bank account, as we did not want to lock in an account with the finance provider, until they gave us sign off on the finance.

I know everyone has Sh$t going on, but as a told my wife, if I was a girl I would just have a good cry, but instead I feeling like smashing something!

I am probably going to book in for a boxing class or smash out a bike ride to vent, but just in case anyone else is out there festering on a bad start to the new financial year, you aint alone!

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

You need to spend $150 at your local sports store and get yourself a boxing bag and gloves. Make sure you have some blutak too – handy for putting up pictures of the things you want to beat the hell out of !! lol

Wendy :)

ABC
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

far less aggressive but equally effective, go to the nearest driving range, get a bucket of golf balls and have a great practice round. I used to imagine faces on those little golf balls – enough said.

Hopefully the teething problems are just that and soon, the sailing will be smooth again. On the financier front, was there any undertaking you can hold them to, alternative provider who can jump on board fast OR is there a carrot you can dangle (eg cross sell business – which most financial firms use as a performance measure? If its a major bank, other than the one who CAN, they all have 30 Sept as end of performance year so maybe that can help).

Good luck
    abcvic

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up
    ABC, post: 122501 wrote:
    far less aggressive but equally effective, go to the nearest driving range, get a bucket of golf balls and have a great practice round.

thats what i do.
    without the faces though, i just want to see how far i can whack the ball.

Steve

yourvirtualboard
    • Total posts: 569
    Up

Just remember no matter how bad it seems right now – it will pass and you’ll soon be glad you made all these decisions when it all starts to happen the way you planned it.

Smash out that bike ride – not only will you feel better because melancholy is incompatible with bicycling but it’s good for you too.

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

ARGH how frustrating!

I have been wanting to punch ASIC’s new website myself :)

Are you a list maker? They’re great for coping when you feel overwhelmed.. simply focus on the next item on the list rather than “everything”

Good luck!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hey there Carl – great post and thanks for saying what I suspect many people are feeling, or can relate to even if it’s not what’s going on for them right now.

I’m with Harry – try to focus on where all these changes are taking you.

An old CEO of mine used to tell me that it is always worth stretching yourself to take on the difficult projects because most of your competitors will just see the obstacles involved and won’t bother – or will give up when the going gets tough.

Not only will you be the one who wins the prize, but you’ll learn heaps along the way, change the market’s perception of your capabilities and attitude.

Every time I’ve followed his advice, I’ve been very, very glad I did – so push through, and jump on the boards any time you need a little vent.

And thanks for reminding me of this little morsel of wisdom… it’s particularly helpful to have it in the forefront of my mind today. ;)

Jayne

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.