Home – New Forums New here? Share your story New year, new business :)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    theycallmeloz
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    ::

Hiya!

My name is Lauren and this year I want to set up my own bookkeeping business in Perth. I have joined Flying Solo because I am feeling a bit overwhelmed by all that needs to happen, especially as I am still working full-time and studying part-time, but I am confident I can do this!

Looking forward to getting to know you all and reading all the helpful advice!

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Welcome Hiya, yes it can all be overwhelming. The best thing to do is create an action plan and tick one thing off at a time. By having a action plan you can break down everything into lots off little things that don’t seem so bad.

Keep a journal and as new things come up add them to your list. My advice is to write a business plan. Writing a business plan is a great way of helping to address everything you should be doing. Don’t be like most businesses and go into with out a plan.

There is a saying “Proper Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance.”

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up

Hello Lauren,

You’re in the right place to get things underway… welcome!

It is overwhelming at first, but little by little you will get there.

Love your work,

Sam

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Welcome to Flying Solo, book keeping is one of those in demand industries with people outsourcing locally.

Best wishes for your new business

JackieM
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Hi Lauren. I agree with Sam you have come to the right place for the best information (Tony has given me excellent advise to) I also have only just recently started my own business here in Perth but the information on here will most definitely help you focus.

Well done and good journey.

Cheers – Jackie.

Michelle Johnson
    • Total posts: 97
    Up

Hi Lauren,
    Welcome! great to hear you have started your journey towards your own business, enjoy the ride :)

Michelle

theycallmeloz
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

Thankyou, everyone, for such a warm welcome. I have been freaking out a little about this next adventure and after just two days on this forum, I am already breathing a little easier. Thank you!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.