Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Newbee looking for website design help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    sunnydays
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

HI All,

Just in the process of setting up an online bulk organic food site and need help getting a website designed. Based in Melbourne. I have looked at doing it myself but feel some of the features I need to incorporate into the website, it needs to be custom designed but finding the prices quite high. Any recommendations and advice would be great.

Thanks Lisa

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

I am not a web designer but choose someone who will provide you with a professional looking store.

Remember a website is just like having a shop front – you don’t want it looking cheap and home done. Your clients will appreciate a professional looking site.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to the forum,
    My advise on this is to figure out what the functions are of your website.
    If it is to purely function as a means for online ordering from existing customers then practicality is the main objective.
    If it is to function as a first contact point ie. gain customers through searches then it needs to look professional.
    If you need a professional looking website its best to get a professional to make it.
    The forum directory is an excellent place to find a designer, there are many listed.
    For example Nikita made my website and I love it.
    link here

Best of luck,

Steve

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up

Hey Lisa I’m in Queensland so most likely won’t be able to help you execute it (unless you are happy for it to be remote work which isn’t uncommon for me) but happy to offer some advice either way. Will shoot you a PM shortly.

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Lisa,

Welcome aboard the forums! It might help to add what prices you found too high or how much you’d rather spend so that our members can recommend someone suitable. Expensive to some may be cheap to others.

Good luck. :)

Dave

John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up

Custom designed sites are always much more expensive.

Wordpress might be an option? It depends upon your requirements.

Rule number 1 – Keep it simple.

Gail @ VAABS
    • Total posts: 28
    Up

Hi Lisa, I’m in Melbourne and have a web designer on my team who used WordPress for our clients websites. If you’d like to contact me, we can chat in a little more detail about your needs and I’d be happy to prepare a proposal for you. Cheers, Gail

sunnydays
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hi All, Thanks for the feedback. I will check out some of the links. I guess I have had rough quotes on a website design from $2000 (using open cart or Magento) to $10,000. It is not just a basic ecommerce website design I need as I have been told. I was hoping to spend max $5000…so with that in mind what do I need to have in place to help with the website design…or what questions do I need to ask the designers before choosing one. Cheers Lisa

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

I highly recommend http://www.pixelfish.com.au they are members here and they did my website. All their info, prices and details are on their site and they are super easy to work with.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Hi Lisa,

We are from Melbourne and would love to have a chat over a good coffee. Feel free to call the number below and have a chat to Lorna or I.

Cheers,

Matt

Wordsmith
    • Total posts: 194
    Up

Very highly recommend Quick on the Click.
    They do awesome packages that incorporate website design, graphic design and SEO website copy at really great prices.
    Perfect if you’re starting out because it’s stress free, a one-stop-shop, you don’t need to do any coordinating of services or service providers, and you are delivered the perfect finished product!
    Kirsty

Gail @ VAABS
    • Total posts: 28
    Up
    Gail @ VAABS, post: 191909 wrote:
    Hi Lisa, I’m in Melbourne and have a web designer on my team who used WordPress for our clients websites. If you’d like to contact me, we can chat in a little more detail about your needs and I’d be happy to prepare a proposal for you. Cheers, Gail

Hi Lisa, Did you have any luck finding a suitable web designer? Cheers, Gail

Purpletux
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

Hi Lisa

I have also just started up my own business after working in a design studio for the past six years. I’ve created a number of websites for small to medium businesses, and I would be more than happy to have a chat with you about your needs.

I am based in the SE suburbs of Melbourne, so please feel free to get in contact if you would like to discuss things further.

Much appreciated.

Daniel.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.