• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    tresla
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I stumbled across this forum while searching for a wholesaler directory and I thought I might as well sign up as I’m just starting out on a new online business venture.

A little about myself, I am 23 years old, a full-time student at Uni in Adelaide studying business management and I.T. I have always liked the idea of owning and operating my own business. This semesters workload is low so I figured I will try and make a start on a business with my free time.

I’ve been spent quite sometime researching on what products to sell, now it’s just a matter of finding the right supplier :) I haven’t decided yet to go with either the stocking up or drop shipping method.

All the best,
    Chris

Jodie McLeod
    • Total posts: 345
    Up

Hi Chris,

A warm welcome to the forums on behalf of the FlyingSolo team!

We have plenty of members around who take each different approach, so I’m sure some advice will be coming your way soon.

See you round,

Jodie

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Welcome to FS Chris!

I look forward to seeing you around the forums.

Cheers,

Matt

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Howdy Chris

Welcome.. sounds like you know the direction you wish to take,, hats off to you as this is a HUGE step…

Wishing you all the best success and look forward to seeing you around.

Cheers
    Jason ;)

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Andrewstarfish
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hi

What is ” drop shipping method. ” for dummies like me.

Andrew

Shipporter
    • Total posts: 22
    Up

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your venture.

If you need products DropShipped from USA, China or UK/Europe perhaps Shipporter can help. Our service is a to Door SEA COURIER System for larger items 20kilos upto 2000kg delivered direct to any PostCode in Australia.

We have a many drop ship clients so it may be a viable business model for you.

see us here; http://www.shipporter.com

Shipporter
    Up

Andrew,

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Drop shipping is a supply chain management technique in which the retailer does not keep goods in stock, but instead transfers customer orders and shipment details to either the manufacturer or a wholesaler, who then ships the goods directly to the customer. As in retail businesses, the majority of retailers make their profit on the difference between the wholesale and retail price but some retailers earn an agreed percentage of the sales in commission, paid by the wholesaler to the retailer.

Catareeya Kijkla
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Hi Chris

Congrats on the new venture! I wish I had thought of doing something myself at your age. Hats off to you :)

Cat

Brooke Curline
    • Total posts: 120
    Up
    tresla, post: 169949 wrote:
    Hi all,

I stumbled across this forum while searching for a wholesaler directory and I thought I might as well sign up as I’m just starting out on a new online business venture.

A little about myself, I am 23 years old, a full-time student at Uni in Adelaide studying business management and I.T. I have always liked the idea of owning and operating my own business. This semesters workload is low so I figured I will try and make a start on a business with my free time.

I’ve been spent quite sometime researching on what products to sell, now it’s just a matter of finding the right supplier :) I haven’t decided yet to go with either the stocking up or drop shipping method.

All the best,
    Chris

Hi Chris,
    Unless you manage to sell your product into a major retailer, I don’t suggest you stock up. Dropshipping is an ideal way to begin as you literally only have to purchase the goods that are already sold. There are lots of suppliers out there – be mindful that if you order a sample from a chinese company, the product that actually gets shipped to your customers is nowhere near the quality of your sample ! Let me know what sort of products you are looking for – I can point you in the direction of a very good wholesale directory or perhaps one of my suppliers can help you out.
    Go for it !
    Best wishes
    Brooke Curline
    Sales Agent

tresla
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

Hi Jodie, Matt, Jason, Andrew, Cat & Brooke!

Many thanks for the warm welcome! I feel right at home! :)

Currently, I haven’t contacted any wholesalers or distributors as of yet as I have just had the company paperwork finalized and the web domain acquired today (icetronix.com.au) . I have Uni for the next 2 days so I will start the search for suppliers on Thursday.

The products I am looking at selling to the public range from CB Radios & Antennas, Dash Cameras, Car cleaning products, Spotlights, Hands free phone kits and a few other cheap but popular accessories for cars/ 4×4.

Eventually my plan is to open up a car valet garage and have my shop apart of this & offer an installation service. It’s all still in the idea bubble stage but hopefully you get the picture of what direction I’m taking. :)

If anybody has any recommendations for suppliers/distributors related to the above products or car accessories/cleaning products in general that they can pass onto me I’d be more than thankful!

Also, Is there any up to date wholesale directory service currently available on the web that somebody could recommend? I don’t mind the fee they charge, but I don’t like the fact that you have to pay to see a sample of what they have on their databases.

Kind Regards,
    Chris

Brooke Curline
    • Total posts: 120
    Up
    tresla, post: 170097 wrote:
    Hi Jodie, Matt, Jason, Andrew, Cat & Brooke!

Many thanks for the warm welcome! I feel right at home! :)

Currently, I haven’t contacted any wholesalers or distributors as of yet as I have just had the company paperwork finalized and the web domain acquired today (icetronix.com.au) . I have Uni for the next 2 days so I will start the search for suppliers on Thursday.

The products I am looking at selling to the public range from CB Radios & Antennas, Dash Cameras, Car cleaning products, Spotlights, Hands free phone kits and a few other cheap but popular accessories for cars/ 4×4.

Eventually my plan is to open up a car valet garage and have my shop apart of this & offer an installation service. It’s all still in the idea bubble stage but hopefully you get the picture of what direction I’m taking. :)

If anybody has any recommendations for suppliers/distributors related to the above products or car accessories/cleaning products in general that they can pass onto me I’d be more than thankful!

Also, Is there any up to date wholesale directory service currently available on the web that somebody could recommend? I don’t mind the fee they charge, but I don’t like the fact that you have to pay to see a sample of what they have on their databases.

Kind Regards,
    Chris

Hi Chris,
    I am registered with Aussie Wholesale Suppliers – a good starting point. Or if you want to go right to the source, try Alibaba or Global Resources (just remember – there are a few dodgy’s out there, so make sure they are accredited and have been supplying for a while.) Just for your info, I sourced a carcam a couple of years ago and after receiving my samples, they were rubbish, so let your suppliers know that you will have a representative of your company always inspecting your goods prior to shipment (even if you don’t) – it gives you a bit of insurance that your goods will be of a better quality.
    Best wishes with everything.
    Cheers
    Brooke

Shipporter
    Up

Chris,

Some great advice from Brooke.

we move products from these Chinese webplatforms;

alibaba.com – anything, usually in bulk.
    aliexpress.com – anything, a smaller MOQ required.
    dhgate.com – Fast Moving Consumer Goods FMCG
    chinavasion.com – electronics

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.