Home Forums New here? Share your story Newbie here seeking a CA mentor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    AshLim
    • Total posts: 1

Good Morning All,

I’m Ashley and have just enrolled in the CA program, which requires me to seek a mentor in order for me to pursue the studies, so here I am.

I’ve graduated on Bachelor of Commerce(Accountant and Finance) a decade ago and have worked for 7 years as an Assistant Accountant. I was very fortunate to have worked in a company where I was able to move across various areas from Accounts payable to Management Accounts. The end of year books close, the yearly taxation and audit preparation, the rush against time, I love it all. I worked myself up to reporting directly to the director but have had to abruptly end my accounts career due to health reasons. This happened back in 2013.

Now, I’m ready to get back to work and I can’t wait. I love my work and I especially enjoy management accounting. I’ve taken upon myself to join the CA program in hopes to hone my skills further and later down the track, pick up auditing along the way.

I’m wanting to find someone who can steer me in the right direction and provide feedback on my progress. I would call my previous boss but he is a fellow CPA and CA does not recognize it.

Here’s hoping someone here can help me out.

Cheers
    Ashley

Dave Gillen – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,543

Hi Ashley,

Welcome aboard the forums! Congrats on getting yourself back and hopefully someone around here can point you in the right direction. :)

Dave

Dave Gillen - Client Acquisition | Brisbane | (07) 3180 0288
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.