Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Newbie looking at manufacturing options

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Amze
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi all, I’ve been lurking but thought I’d finally put myself out there! I’m wanting to manufacture and label a very basic cotton baby/toddler garment. I literally have 1 design & want to sell it in 3 different colours in different sizes on a website, at kids markets etc. I’m a bit lost on manufacturing options. This design is so basic my Nan could sew it up. Im cautiously exploring having it made overseas but getting a little overwhelmed. It’s a cheap product so I’m sure Australian manufacturers would be too costly. Are there any other options? Are freelance sewers such a thing? Thanks!

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi there and welcome to the forums!

I reckon hiring an individual to sew a few items for you would be a good starting point. Hopefully one of our members can point you to the best place to find them. :)

Dave

mnewma13
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Hi,
    anything to do with babies clothing or baby goods has very strict ADR.

I would suggest looking into this as they are extremely vigilant on anything of this nature.

Australia isnt the best place for manufacturing atm, you maybe able to find success in Indonesia or Soloman Islands, use the embassy to hook you up with contacts and then hopefully they will be able to find someone who is able to do small scale for you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.