Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Newbie looking for homeware suppliers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    alipeapod
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi, Im about to start building my suppliers for my homeware business, I am looking to find small companies that are ideally producing their own produce and are happy to wholesale them.
    Im WA based but wanting to source Australian products ideally.
    looking for bedding, lamps, decorative items, cushions, picture frames, art…open to ideas really.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction. I’m trying to avoid mass produced goods
    thanks in advance :)

redleaftea
    • Total posts: 53
    Up

Perhaps try contacting Australian based suppliers on Etsy or MadeIt you should be able to find plenty of Australian based designers there

Lucinda Lions
    • Total posts: 104
    Up

Hi Alipeapod

Welcome to the Flying Solo forums! I hope redleaftea’s response was helpful, and hopefully you’ll receive a few more.

Wishing you every success with your business!
    Lucinda :)

alipeapod
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Thank you! big help :)

ontherunway
    • Total posts: 43
    Up

also , look at people selling on
    ‘downthatlittlelane’, or
    ‘hardtofind’.

only problem is tat means your range won’t be unique

pollypolkadot
    • Total posts: 55
    Up

Hi there,

Since you are from WA I don’t know if you would be able to make it to Melbourne or Sydney where they have the Reed Gift Fair and the Home & Giving Fair… if you can’t make it you can always check out the websites where they list the exhibitors, which you could then look up. There is also the Australian Giftguide, which you can subscribe to (I think they even have a special on atm).
    Other than that try googling “australian wholesalers”, that brings up heaps!

Hope this helps a little :)

– Polly

laurenskyestudio
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Hi,

Fellow newbie here! I’m still working my way through the wealth of information on this site.

I agree with the suggestions to approach Etsy, Madeit or Down That Little Lane (DTLL) stores. I sell on a couple of these and I am always happy to receive wholesale enquiries. My only suggestion would be to try and find the sellers own website before making enquiries. I don’t think the owner would appreciate their sellers being approached on their site.

Also, from experience, if you can indicate how many units you would be looking at ordering, it can be most helpful.

Good luck!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.