Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Newbie needing advise

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Enelram
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi guys….I’ve been reading topics on flying solo for quite some time whilst contemplating going on my own. And now that redundancy is imminent, I have decided to take the plunge. But I would be needing some advise. And thanks in advance.

As my sister has a bakery business back home, I am looking at importing bread mixes from her (fully packaged) and distributing it here in Australia.

Where do I start….I guess is my question. I know it can be done because I can see a lot of these different kind of mixes in the stores which contains milk, egg etc., which is going to be no different to what I intend to bring in.

Does anybody know the process of this kind of business, with these kind of products. Once I am clear of the process, I can look at the expenses and work out if it is still marketeable.

Thank you for your attention and appreciate your replies.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    ::

Hi there Enelram,

Thanks for joining the forum, and congratulations on deciding to start a new business. :)

If you’re not already familiar with the food industry, starting at the Food Standards ANZ website will be a good idea.

I’m sure others will have suggestions for you too, especially regarding the importing side of things.

Welcome to the forum,
    Jayne

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.